PING: Silvan

http://www.huv.com/jon/jeep/Welder/portable-welder.html
Here's your welder.
JOAT Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. - Dale Carnegie
J T wrote:

Pretty cool idea! I'd still need all the other supplemental equipment though. The shade, heavy gloves, whatever else is needed. It's something that keeps getting pushed way back because my boss used to be a professional welder, and anytime I need a mower or chair part or the like fixed up, I can get him to do it for me free. He's not big on precision though, so I would never use any kind of jig or fixture he took his angle grinder and sledge hammer to. :) He likes welding over woodwork because if you cut it too short, you can just add more weld.
On Sun, 9 Jan 2005 10:14:24 -0700, Silvan wrote

You can just buy "special" alternators for your vehicle and install the welding cable sockets directly to your grille. Basically any 100+ amp alternator with a way to bypass charging (disable the regulator) can be easily modified.
-Bruce
http://www.huv.com/jon/jeep/Welder/portable-welder.html
>>> Here's your welder.

Hummmmm...lead-acid battery.....large discharge current....lots of hydrogen and oxygen generated.....KABLOOOOW!!
Larry

yeah, and besides, you'll shoot your eye out, kid!
Mike Patterson Please remove the spamtrap to email me. "I always wanted to be somebody...I should have been more specific..." - Lily Tomlin
calmly ranted:

There are LA batteries and generators under the hood of every car, LL.
Here are more sophisticated welders based on the same idea: http://www.zena.net / http://www.tellico4x4.com/welders.htm
--- - Sarcasm is just one more service we offer. - http://diversify.com Web Applications