Ping Robatoy - Finishing advice needed...

Yeah, but from experience I know I'd end up paying big-time in the long run. She owns me.

Reply to
Upscale

It was, it was.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

Last summer, we had a 4 month old kitten spend about a minute in a running dryer!

The cat seems to have had no ill effects, but it took my wife days to get over it. All I heard for those days was "I almost killed Ike!"

After loading the dryer and ascending the basement stairs, she heard a thumping in the machine. For a moment, she thought there was a sneaker in the dryer. When she remembered the kitten was walking around while she loaded the clothes, she almost fell down the stairs as she ran back down to the dryer.

I have noticed that Ike now steers clear of the open dryer door.

Reply to
B A R R Y

You'll be happy to know that here in SoCal, goats are alive and well.

Since goats will eat almost anything, and can navigate steep hillsides with ease, they are a natural to clear brush from the hillsides, especially the inaccessible ones.

Good old Yankee ingenuity prevails.

Goats are now rented to clear the brush from the hillsides

Quiet, effective, and a whole lot cheaper than having to use firefighters when the brush catches fire, if it hasn't been cleared.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Kittens are remarkably resilient. Carrying a 27 inch TV down stairs, halfway down I felt something soft underfoot and heard a "ROWR"--came down on the little guy with all my weight plus the TV. Wasn't anything I could do except keep going--I figured that once I got to the bottom and set down the TV I'd find a dead kitten. But there he was bouncing around like he didn't have a care in the world. I took him to the vet and told him what happened, the vet poked and prodded for a bit and decided that there was no harm done.

Reply to
J. Clarke

One of my favorite "Over the Hedge" strips had a neighborhood denizen spy something shining in the sun over her back fence. Upon investigation, she saw that it was a swingset in one of the neighbor's yards. Punchline (with by-line "suburban she-witch in full battle mode") was "Not in YOUR backyard!" Kind of sums up the HOA mentality succinctly.

Yeah, I remember that too.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

... snip

On a nice day, yeah. Until the birds fly over and make you have to re-wash the load. Or until a big dust-devil spies your clotheline and dumps a yard of sand and grit in said sheets.

There is a reason folks went to dryers. I still like the smell of line-dried bedsheets and clothes, but recognize that there are some downsides as well.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

The first year or so with my cat, I experienced that horrible feeling every one or two months. She liked to walk up and sit behind my wheelchair and of course, I'd roll backwards and catch a tail or a paw under one of my wheels. And naturally, she'd shriek in pain, I'd stop dead while jumping two feet in the air. Lucky for her I've got a manual wheelchair and not an electric one.

She's three years old now and occasionally still lays about halfway under the wheelchair, but I've been sufficiently trained. It's a guarantee that she's somewhere near me whatever room I'm in so every rolling action by me is preceded with a growl to move, accompanied with a visual confirmation of her whereabouts.

Reply to
Upscale

Yup!

Not where I live, but I would imagine that could be annoying.

Reply to
B A R R Y

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in news:U35Pj.4244$Ux4.393 @trnddc07:

They are also tasty little critters. Hmmm a little cabritto would hit the spot.

Reply to
Hank

"Hank" wrote

You're right ... haven't had any since I lived in the Heights in Houston (8' above sea level, instead of 6') back in the 80's, a hot bed of cabrito sources.

IIRC, the "season" is fast approaching.

Reply to
Swingman