Ping: Robatoy

Will you close the door up there, it's getting cold down here, TIA :).
basilisk

Heyyy, don't look at me. Here it is a balmy 22F. http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/CAON0601
On Mon, 4 Jan 2010 09:21:18 -0800 (PST), the infamous Robatoy

WHAT? They have weather forecasting in Canuckistan? I'd have thought it was a simple case of saying "It's -x degrees C and snowing." and leave it at that. Summers are "It's x degrees C and snowing.", right?
-- Society is produced by our wants and government by our wickedness. --Thomas Paine
As my dear old dad says... "They can't predict yesterday."
On Tue, 05 Jan 2010 13:54:42 -0600, the infamous Dave Balderstone

Ohmigod, that's perfect for AGWK alarmists.
"Michael Mann's CRU: So precise, they can't predict _yesterday_!"
-- We rightly care about the environment. But our neurotic obsession with carbon betrays an inability to distinguish between pollution and the stuff of life itself. --Bret Stephens, WSJ 1/5/10

Sure they can, just they rewrite the almanac and destroy the originals.

Turns out that predicting tomorrow will be the same as today is about as accurate as any other means.

They use the rope method. If the rope is swingin' it's windy, if it's wet, it's raining, if it's stiff, it's cold.
:-)
But seriously, shut the door, ok?
scrawled the following:

I'd have thought you used weather rocks up there. When I looked at it this morning, I saw 20-35kmh winds up there in the GWN. Doesn't rope swing too much in that little breeze, Joe?
-- Society is produced by our wants and government by our wickedness. --Thomas Paine
On Mon, 4 Jan 2010 08:23:14 -0600, the infamous "basilisk"

Hey, we're a balmy 47F with rain here. You must be downstream of their jet stream.
-- Society is produced by our wants and government by our wickedness. --Thomas Paine

There's something to be said for rain. You don't have to shovel it. It is normal weather for January and a bit windy. Just an inch or so of the white stuff. Just enough to make it nice, and not enough for the few crazies in the neigbourhood to fire up their V-8 powered snow blowers. Great dog-walking weather...... still need a parka though.

Ah yes, rain. It mixes with the melting snow on the ground and freezes into an unmovable mass, or freezes on the road creating perilous road conditions.
I'd rather have the snow.
Puckdropper
On Jan 5, 11:47am, Puckdropper <puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com> wrote:

Oh yes indeed. Freezing rain, or frozen rain...and worse, frozen mix of snow and rain all suck. I would much rather have snow too. I can drive in snow, ice is another matter entirely.
On Tue, 5 Jan 2010 09:10:20 -0800 (PST), Robatoy

Not me. Most ice I can get some traction on. When I have real trouble with ice, it's down the street, not the sidewalk. Snow? It's five feet out the door and I'm stuck.
Luckily, there's a really decent food delly/food store in my building. I'm quite sure it's accounted for at least 50lbs of weight that I carry around.
"Robatoy" wrote:

=================================75F and sunny outside my window.
Snow on the mountains 30 miles north and the slopes are open.
Lew

The smoke has cleared enough to see the sun? ;-)
"Robatoy" wrote:
The smoke has cleared enough to see the sun?
You mean you still haven't got it yet?
Sit tight, the jet stream will get it to you.
Lew