PING Morris

Next question: "How do you hang upper kitchen cabinets on a straw bale wall??":

hand part of that other link (with all the code violations )

... after the fact.

:)

BTW, Leon and I teamed up on this kitchen ... it turned out gorgeous and can't really be appreciated from photos.

Reply to
Swingman

I'm glad you took that assault with humor. You have to admit that if you were expecting conventional construction and saw that photo, thinking that the brown was OSB, that you'd freak as well. I have no doubt that with your usual attention to detail it was all spot on. I've not been here in a while and had no idea what you were up to.

Cool! Literally. A couple of ice cubes should cool this thing in the summer. I imagine the cost of insulation was considerably less than fibreglass or foam. Got a figure worked up? Is the straw treated in some fashion for fire/insect resistance? How is the sound deadening?

The first is always the toughest - and the one you'll never forget. You should post a link to a photo of the completed project.

Greg G.

Reply to
Greg G

I figured the ledger boards for the cabinets after learning what I was looking at.

Beautiful work! And a much clearer picture. I especially like the built in (Mission style?) china hutch. I assume you guys built all the cabinetry as well?

Admit it, you posted that grainy picture just to troll...

Greg G.

Reply to
Greg G

I know that feeling. On a smaller scale. A way to mitre the joints in

1-1/4" quartz led from a sample to jobs which turn out quite challeging and rewarding. Speaking of 'alternative'
Robatoy

ophthalmologist's office.

Reply to
upscale

Oh, come on - it's the only picture I could come up with on such short notice. Perhaps that's because Swingman mustered it already. ;-) And it is absolutely Australian.

Greg G.

Reply to
Greg G

I guess you're right. Say - I should probably advertise that the thermostat comes with an unconditional 1000-year warranty. :)

Reply to
Morris Dovey