Ping Mark Rosen,

Thank you for the reply to my "unseen to me" post about the Rotex sander. I appreciate you comments.

You're a class guy Leon. Seriously.
Most of the time I see someone ask a question, it is answered at length and in great detail, sometimes by mroe than one poster. The OP never even responds. Hell, you don't even know if he is reading the group, or if he thought this was an instant chat board.
You set a good example my friend.
Robert

You're a class guy Leon. Seriously.
Most of the time I see someone ask a question, it is answered at length and in great detail, sometimes by mroe than one poster. The OP never even responds. Hell, you don't even know if he is reading the group, or if he thought this was an instant chat board.
You set a good example my friend.
Robert
Thank you Robert, I appreciate you noticing and all of your expert advice that I have gotten from you in the past.
On another note, the Houston WW show is coming up pretty soon. Are you going to make it this year.?
SNIP

I don't know. With the weather being what it is, the work is starting to get a little behind, so I may have to make hay while the sun is shining. We are getting ready to start our spring rain season which could put me farther behind, so it might be one of those things I have to coordinate with the weather.
I seem to remember you and Swing going last year and weren't too impressed. Any idea how many vendors/demo guys there are going to be this year?
When is it?
Robert
SNIP

I don't know. With the weather being what it is, the work is starting to get a little behind, so I may have to make hay while the sun is shining. We are getting ready to start our spring rain season which could put me farther behind, so it might be one of those things I have to coordinate with the weather.
I seem to remember you and Swing going last year and weren't too impressed. Any idea how many vendors/demo guys there are going to be this year?
I don't recall the show being terrible but that was 1 year ago and as usual, I'm all excited and can't sleep. :~) The show is April 4-7.
From what I understand the show has new owners, perhaps that is a good thing.

IIRC, the last time I went was when we met you there ... time flies. Was that two, or three years ago?
CRS is really getting bad... :(
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/14/07

Not quite 2 years ago.

Yikes! I am not sure myself. I'm flexible. It could be two or it could be three...
Sigh...
Robert
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

I'll second that Robert.
I always appreciate your comments Leon.
--
Tanus

This is not really a sig.

Always?!!! ;~) You are very welcome.

Leon wrote:

Ok, let's temper that just a tad. On topic comments,yes.
Some of the O/T stuff, I just pass on, depending on where my head is at.
--
Tanus

This is not really a sig.

Hello Leon, You're welcome. I should have also mentioned that I use my Rotex in my house for sanding the beams (log home, pine walls, not a spec of drywall anyhwere) and I'm amazed as to how little cleanup is necessary. Also as a side note, my wife really loves the Festool vacuum. She says we should buy one just for her to clean the house. I told he how much they are and she said "never mind". Marc

Hello Leon, You're welcome. I should have also mentioned that I use my Rotex in my house for sanding the beams (log home, pine walls, not a spec of drywall anyhwere) and I'm amazed as to how little cleanup is necessary. Also as a side note, my wife really loves the Festool vacuum. She says we should buy one just for her to clean the house. I told he how much they are and she said "never mind".
Marc
I have the CT 22 also, got it when I bought the Domino.

Hello Leon, You're welcome. I should have also mentioned that I use my Rotex in my house for sanding the beams (log home, pine walls, not a spec of drywall anyhwere) and I'm amazed as to how little cleanup is necessary. Also as a side note, my wife really loves the Festool vacuum. She says we should buy one just for her to clean the house. I told he how much they are and she said "never mind".
Marc
Thinking back and reconsidering that vacuum, have you ever looked at Ricar vacuum cleaners for your home? They are expensive but they are great. I bought one in 1992 IIRC and it is still going strong. The machines are rebuildable and are almost indestructible. When our Ricar was 3 years old a Rainbow salesman gave us a demonstration in our home. We did this so that our cousin could get a discount on her Rainbow, she no longer has it BTY. Our Ricar out performed the Rainbow and when he directed a spot light on the exhaust of the Ricar, there was no dust to be seen.

Hello Leon, I never heard of the Riccar vacs or Rainbow until now but have looked them up on the web- they both look nice, perhaps too nice for our house. We have always used a shop vac - dedicated for house cleaning, never used in the woodshop - for our house vacuuming until I brought home the CT-22. We have only wood or tile floors with a few rugs thrown about, no carpet, so the shop vac was the perfect device. Now the CT gets used for house cleaning as well as woodworking. Hope she does'nt wear it out. Read you later, Marc