PING Greg G

Been thinking a bit on your problem. I think I might have come up with a viable solution.
Moan a bit to a couple of neighbors about the dogs. Then video the dogs at the garbage cans, documenting. Then use something like this, with paintballs, still taping. http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a 4164 Not expensive, definitely not lethal, limited range, not loud. Then, when the neighbors complain about someone paintballing their pooches, possibly calling the law on it, you can then, very innocently, hand over the tape to the nice officers; and, depending on your mood, deny any knowledge that those were our neighbors' dogs. If the dog(s) keep coming around, a flast of those plastic BBs in the rear should move them on their way - I'd keep a shotgun very handy thos, just in case one decided you were being too unfriendly. Fun for shooting cans in the backyard too, or even in the house.
JOAT If it ain't broke, don't lend it. - Red Green
J T said:

Good idea, JT. Wouldn't you know, they're sold out! I've bookmarked it for later.

Might be fun to play war games with as well. But I don't think SWMBO would go for shotguns (or paintball guns) being fired in the house. I'd end up.... in the dog house. <g>
Thanks, you're the greatest.
Greg G.
J T wrote:

Which "Greg G" were yu referring to?
Replicas of 15th-19th century nautical navigational instruments, Restoration of my 1919 Herreshoff S-Boat sailboat, and Steambending FAQ with photos:
http://home.comcast.net/~saville/index.html
Had a similar problem when I was a teen. We put laxatives in the garbage with some pork chops. The neighbors had an indoor dog. We made it public knowledge that we put laxatives in the trash. Our garbage was only knocked over once after that.
Another alternative is to spray the dogs with "buck scent". It will attract other males looking for a female bitch in heat. In the 80's, a friend of mine sprayed his neighbors house with the stuff for calling the pound on his dog that was in his own yard on his porch (but no leash). Dogs came from miles. I'm not endorsing this, just a funny story.
On 8 Nov 2005 09:35:04 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net wrote:

FNORK!
- Matt
On Tue, 08 Nov 2005 16:00:25 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm, Matt

A couple drips of tiger piss on the carpet beneath the driver's seat of his vehicle would do nicely, too.
========================================================= CAUTION: Do not use remaining fingers as pushsticks! ========================================================= http://www.diversify.com Comprehensive Website Development

I think that would be about as smart as the teenagers that filmed them selves as they broke into a store, and got caught with the film. There are laws against shooting and or cruel treatment of animals. Yeah it is only a paint ball but animals these days have more rights than humans. IMHO the owners of the dogs would love for you to hand the nice policeman a tape of you shooting his dog.