Ping for Robin Lee

Particularly bad if you've ever been to an overheated European dance hall/club on a freezing cold night when the patrons wore their woolies to get there ... wool gets cleaned even less.

As long as they know when stop ... the modern American woman tends to get a little too intimate with her razor, or so I hear. ;)

Reply to
Swingman

IMHO, automotive tools are the only place where I prefer metric.. sometimes, my mind just isn't up t0 doing fractions when 19/64 or something doesn't fit.. SO much easier to just go up or down a number and grab the right wrench.. Mac

mac davis

Hi -

We'll get around to making chisels (eventually....!). So many tools....so little time.

At the moment - we're still evaluating priorities in our R&D area every quarter, and while chisels are on the horizon - they're still pretty far off. We're starting to evaluate possible sources for forgings, and still have to investigate grinding (we'd do that ourselves).

We hear you though.....

Cheers -

Rob Lee

Reply to
Robin Lee

Thanks for the answer...dissappointing as it was! :-)

There does, however, seem to be some disagreement as to whether or not the Sorbys you currently sell are really Imperial/fractional, or just sized to the nearest metric equivalent and labeled fractionally. Can you verify either way?

Thanks again!

Reply to
wood_newbie

Hi -

Just measured 'em myself.... they're Imperial sized. The metric measurements are converted...

Cheers -

Rob

Reply to
Robin Lee

I stand corrected, and VERY HAPPILY!! Sorry Leon!!

Reply to
wood_newbie

IMHO, none for woodworking. I prefer imperial measurements, probably 'cause that's what I learned first. OTOH, metric is far superior for engineering. I recall what a pain it was when, as a student, we had to go from metric (used in physics) to the Imperial used at that time in engineering, with all the bizarre conversion factors that were required.

Rick

Reply to
Java Man

Actually neither is better for any particular application in that sense, it is when you try to mix systems that it gets complicated.

Tim Douglass

Tim Douglass