Ping Doug Miller

Saw this and thought it might give you some ideas.
If you know German I will probably be more interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v
Îpg2DAkKQE&feature=endscreen
Add pictures here
✖
On 4/20/2013 3:34 PM, Leon wrote:

Pay NO ATTENTION to the FESTOOL in the background! :!)
Add pictures here
✖
On 4/20/2013 4:38 PM, Leon wrote:

While my 30" X 52" half lapped 2 X 4 work bench is not as fancy as his, it looks like he stole my idea of having many of his tools mounted on bases. Instead of plywood I have many of my tools (vice, router, miter box, grinder, etc.) mounted on 2 X 12 bases. When not needed the tools are stored on a shelf. When needed they are brought to the workbench and clamped in place for the operation.
Most of the time I am using one tool, and use the rest of the bench's work surface for lay out, but it is big enough to use the vice and the grinder at the same time.
Some tools like the grinder, I find I have to use something to isolate the tool, as the work bench becomes a sound box without it.
I wonder how many times he has used the circular saw arrangement. I did not see any lines where he mis calculated the depth and the saw cut into the top. I realize that never happens to a professional but ..........
Add pictures here
✖
On 4/20/2013 6:04 PM, Keith Nuttle wrote:

You do that too! LOL. I mounted my grinder on a piece of plywood about 25 years ago.
Snip

Look again. In particular at 5:45 into the video
Add pictures here
✖
On 4/20/2013 7:17 PM, Leon wrote:

I think that line (Possibly a grove) is built in, look an 0.45.
There is just me working in the area and have each tool mounted on its own base works great for me.
When I place the tool on the work bench I secure it with large clamps but like the idea of large bolts with wing nuts.
My work bench has two other features. It is the same height as my table saw and in the proper position can be used as an out feed table for the saw. The work bench and the table saw are on wheels and can be positioned in the most convenient positions for the operation being performed.
Add pictures here
✖
On 4/20/2013 7:51 PM, Keith Nuttle wrote:

I see but I have that saw, with a sturdy mount for the track the cut would be repeatable. The wood is set at a 45 against the wood fence, the track is always 90 degrees.

Add pictures here
✖
Leon wrote:

It's surely a good plug for German engineering!
Add pictures here
✖
On 4/20/2013 4:44 PM, Bill wrote:

I noticed a lot of Veritas Stuff too.
Add pictures here
✖
On Saturday, April 20, 2013 3:34:11 PM UTC-5, Leon wrote:

probably be more interesting.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v
Îpg2DAkKQE&feature=endscreen
That was quite a few tools adaptable to/for the table.
My first thought, in adjusting for the finger joints: That's a huge (Incra) "slide rule" used for adjusting, convenient for doing all your other calculations, too, without your reading glasses on.
Sonny
Add pictures here
✖
On 4/20/2013 6:18 PM, Sonny wrote:

probably be more interesting.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v
Îpg2DAkKQE&feature=endscreen

"slide rule" used for adjusting, convenient for doing all your other calculations, too, without your reading glasses on.

http://incra.com/product_rtf_lspositioner_only.htm
Add pictures here
✖

I do know German. Very interesting presentation. I think I need to win the lottery before I think about buying one of those benches, though!
Add pictures here
✖
On 4/20/2013 7:46 PM, Doug Miller wrote:

Did not intend for you to buy rather for ideas for your own.
Add pictures here
✖

think about buying one of those benches, though!

I figured that out after I replied. Thanks for the link -- there are a lot of good ideas there. It's a bit fancier than I had in mind, though.
Add pictures here
✖
On 4/21/2013 7:13 AM, Doug Miller wrote:

Yeah it is a bit over the top. ;) But'cha never know...
I looked at upper end Laguna table saws to help make the price of the industrial SawStop a bit more palatable.
Add pictures here
✖
Leon wrote:

Jeez, that is neat! I'd kinda like to have one. I'd have to buy it a bit at a time though, where can I get a loan to buy those combo dogs/clamps?
--

dadiOH
____________________________
Doug Miller wrote:

Yeah. I'll put them on my wish list :)
--

dadiOH
____________________________
"dadiOH" wrote in message
Leon wrote:

Jeez, that is neat! I'd kinda like to have one. I'd have to buy it a bit at a time though, where can I get a loan to buy those combo dogs/clamps? =====================================================================The dogs with the screws looked like Veritas as did the hold downs.
--

dadiOH

And the double handle vise.
Add pictures here
✖
On Sunday, April 21, 2013 11:21:53 PM UTC-5, Leon wrote:

I'm heading to Winnipeg on a business trip. Three hours to kill Wednesday afternoon. Lee Valley is a few blocks from the airport. I'm going to bring a couple of those dogs home with me.
Larry
Add pictures here
✖