PING: David Eisan - New GI mortiser/Tilting Head

David -
Hi there! Well, I have a mess of mortises to cut, and have decided to get a benchtop mortiser... I've been looking at the Delta and the General Int'l, and am leaning toward the GI unit.
Wood magazine *just* came out w/a review of benchtop units and gave two GI mortisers some good marks - they reviewed the 75-050M1 and 75-050T, the difference in the two being that the head on the latter unit tilts for making angled mortises. When I saw that, I said "SOLD!" General's tilting head mortiser w/a sliding table is 800, and that's a bit rich for my tastes at the moment.
The kicker, of course, is that the "T"... It isn't on General Int'l's website, and General Dealers refer me to the larger 75-075... so...
The review in Wood Mag had TWO separate General Int'l mortisers, bigger'n God's Ass, but damned if I can find one. I've heard that this is a brand new tool - do you have any idea when it'll be shipping? They had it listed for $340, street price. If you can point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it. A DAGS comes up empty..
Thanks in advance!
John Moorhead Lakeport, Northern Calif
http://www.general.ca/english/main.html
Distributor list who sells

Slowalker -
Yes, and the mortiser is NOT listed on the website, as I had mentioned in my original post. There are two General Int'l mortisers, and apparently they have a new one that is not shown on the site, tho' it did get a good review in the latest Wood Magazine article.
The California distributors that I have contacted either are unaware of the new mortiser and mistakenly refer me to the 1" behemoth at about $800, or say it will be a couple of months before they are available. I haven't had any luck with the ususal online tool sellers. I did get a response from an editor at Wood with a contact at General, so I guess I'll see if that call gets returned.
John Moorhead

John,

http://www.federatedtool.com/david/img/75-050t.jpg
This *is* a *brand new* model. I am friends with the Ontario General Sales Rep (used to work with him) and he had not heard of it until I forwarded your email to him and he checked with head office. I have no idea on price or availability at this point, but I will ask him on Monday when I call him and ask him about it.
Thanks,
David.
David,
Did you notice that they are using two different kind of pounds in Ontario. The original is 70 lbs (32 kg) and the new tilting one is 76 lbs (42 kg).
Cheers, Ollie
PS. I like the tilting one. If the price is right, I should get one.

Think there's an error here Ollie. 42 kg is about 92 lbs.