PING: David Eisan

David -

I am trying to find some "Tune Up" specs for my recently acquired General

350 TS. It was made in '95 and the CSR (Christian St-Cyr) that responded to my initial query wanted to know why I needed to know, instead of giving me an answer.... I've emailed him back but all of my email to General ( snipped-for-privacy@general.ca) since 12/23 has bounced back as undeliverable.

Bridger suggested I seek you out, Obi-Wan...

Thanks in advance for answers you can provide or well placed kicks in the pants for the IT folks at General.

Ever,

John Moorhead

Reply to
john moorhead

Did you try these addresses?

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com,

snipped-for-privacy@general.ca

FWIW,

Greg G.

Reply to
Greg G.

Dear John,

There isn't a whole lot to do really. I would take off the side goose egg motor cover and with a stiff tooth brush or brass wire brush clean the worm and rack gears, relube with a graphite spray or a very thin coating of white lithium grease. Check the alignment of the arbour to the mitre slot as well as 90º and 45º stops. You might wish to check the flatness of the table top and wings and shim/level as necessary. It is a new saw so the bearings should be fine, but with the two drive belts removed, spin things by hand and feel for any "scratchiness".

If I think of anything else I will add more later.

I am in the arn business and work for one of the largest General dealers in the world, so I am a good choice!

That presupposes they have an IT department. There are about 150 people who speak French and work in the "shop" as they call it. The office staff consists of two people. Chris, who while coming off as a tad arrogant (I am told it is a French thing) he does know his stuff. If a woman answers the phone and says "Well" a lot, that is Ginet. That is the office staff.

If you have any more or specific questions, feel free to ask,

Thanks,

David.

rec.ww FAQ

David F. Eisan