ping: cw

Please explain in-line lubrication. How is it set up? how does it work?
Ed
At home, I use the standard few drops in the tool. At work, we use inline air lubricators to lubricate the high speed (60000 rpm) die grinders. The lubricator looks quite similar to a water trap but you fill it with oil. It has a metering jet that regulates the amount of oil it injects into the air line. Rather than put it at the compressor, we have them mounted to the workbenches. The supply line from the compressor plugs into one side and the hose to the tool is plugged into the other. This lubricates the tool that needs it and keeps oil out of the rest of the system. In an industrial setting, expecting the operators to keep their tools oiled is chancy. Most never think about it. With the inline oilers, it is automatic. Below is a link to one such unit.
http://www.colemanpowermate.com/compressors/filters.shtml

Thank you. The application is too much for my use but I thank you for clearing up my question
Ed

I agree with you there. It is a little over the top for most home shops, that's why I still do it the old fashioned way at home.