Ping - Basilisk - Re: Alabama Tornados

Hey, Basilisk, how you making out with those recent tornados. Hope all is well with you and relatives/friends. You were 15 miles from the previous bad ones and the recent ones went through the same area. Give us an update. Hope all is well!

BTW, congrats to the Tide.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

basilisk

basilisk wrote in news:1cmyi3fg66glj$.9fi0bdfxxhwl$. snipped-for-privacy@40tude.net:

So sorry about your losses. I know how it feels. It has been almost 9

1/2 years since my Dad died, but it is still fresh. Acceptance sometimes comes slowly.

Now friends and family by marriage seems to be suddenly hit by a wave of bad illnesses that don't make one happy. I guess that's because of the age I am getting too. For the moment, though, I am enjoying retirement, spouse and (grand)children ... One has to pay attention to the delights in life, and to the memories ...

Reply to
Han

It warms me to hear you talk about your dad like that. I have some clue what you are going through but each situation is different. Stay strong and keep the good memories alive. I especially love that line: "I wasn't through learning from him." After that sank in, I'll need the rest of the morning to regroup.

Reply to
Robatoy

Sorry to hear of your losses but take heart in knowing that it is all natural and supposed to happen this way.

Reply to
Leon

What he said, two times!!

Reply to
Swingman

Yeah, I had recalled your saying that. That's one reason I posted this thread, with that in mind, too. All you folks have been through enough, already, in more way than one.

We lost our Dad when I was nine. I vaguely remember him. His Army picture commands a wall in my shop. I sometimes think he would be proud of how we all turned out. Mom is still with us.

I enjoy hearing you all speak of your Dads, that way. I can sense that good feeling.

Take care. Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

Thanks, I miss him a lot, it is hard to believe he's not around to talk to anymore.

basilisk

Reply to
basilisk

thanks

Yes, whether we like it or not things happen exactly as they should be.

basilisk

Reply to
basilisk

My family has lost 7 in the last 2 years, too many, too quick seems like.

One good thing though, Mom is healthy and able to look after herself and her affairs.

basilisk

Reply to
basilisk

Thanks

basilisk

Reply to
basilisk

basilisk wrote in news:1bo7ulexucgo8.11pukkjgaqike$. snipped-for-privacy@40tude.net:

I hope Mom isn't totally lonely. It's been my experience that the first month or 2 is bearable, in part it is because of paperwork and oher adjustments. After about 2 months is the worst part of the "new" life. Then it can take a few months, or years. I hope you can visit easily and frequently.

Reply to
Han

basilisk was heard to mutter:

We've had a few tornadoes here in SW Ohio the last few years. They scare the crap out of me. A guy I worked with came in one morning oblivious to the L3 that ripped through the towns during the night. It missed his house by feet, but not His neighbor's house. Scarey part is neither he or his family heard a thing during the night.

Glad to hear you are alright. We don't have enough warnings here, but I lived here for almost ten years before we got our first one.

My sympathies to you. I lost my father on christmas eve in 93. This past christmas I lost a brother-in-law and my best friend lost his mother. Holidays are brutal.

I hear you. Mine was 74 and missed my wedding. He taught me so much that not a day goes by that I don't do something and wonder what his thoughts on it would be.

Hang in there. Keep thinking about the good times. Helps me.

Was hoping the children and grandchildren wouldn't have to lose both their grandfather and father in December. Gonna be a rough month for them them rest of their lives.

Reply to
Casper

A couple of weeks ago I was driving home from work (actually parked in traffic) when the sirens went off in Peachtree City, GA. There was simply nowhere to go and no one seemed concerned. The night of the Tuscaloosa G5, another one tore up a bunch of houses and killed one at Lake Martin, AL, about

15 miles from my house. That was a rather scary night. The amazing thing is that the sirens didn't go off at all in 2010 but we spent many hours in the center hall with the cats in 2011.

Mine too. Tough thing but it is part of life. My father died in '65 and my mother in '08. At least she had a long life (95). My dad died when he was

  1. Both of the in laws are gone, too. My wife is an only child so there is no one left on her side of the family.
Reply to
krw