Pineywood Derby - District Finals

Little Dude got Second Place in his District today.

He is happy.

This is his last Pineywood Derby Race.

His Daddy is happy.

The car was made of wood.

Tom Watson tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet

Tom Watson

Tom Watson wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

We need pictures, Tom!!!

Reply to
Han

Ahhh A little chip off the old block....:P

Reply to
Myxylplyk

is the link to the first cut of the raw video from the race.

It is in Windows Media format, so Mac and Linux Cultists may have a tough time with it.

My son and I will work on the video during the next couple of weeks to make it more watchable.

Tom Watson tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet

Tom Watson

Is his the Lacewood car?

**
**

B A R R Y

Opened with Totem and played fine on Linux.

Reply to
RLM

Excellent!

Check this out:

$200!!!

Put the little dude to work!

**
**

B A R R Y

This is not a knock on you, barry, but what is the message that this guy is sending??? Forget about doing it yourself, just BUY yourself a winner/trophy/accomplishment/praise.... Makes we want to barf. Kudos to all the dads (wreckers and otherwise) who watch their sons car place last, but know that it was their *son's* car that placed there. Yeah, sure, *we* could've done it better, but we didn't because we know that it's a race for nine year old kids, not thirtynine year old kids.

Again, no offense Barry, but that eBay'er is just friggin wrong.

jc

BTW, I like your rides. I get around on a trek 2300.

Reply to
joe

If you want the kid to have a super-whizzbang then teach him how to make a super-whizzbang, don't do it for him or buy him one.

Reply to
J. Clarke

I was being facetious.

Reply to
B A R R Y

Exactly!

The point was that Tawm's "Little Dude" might have a promising skill.

Think about it... His successful kid can make cars that parents who don't get the whole point of the Pineywood Derby are willing to pay $200 for, and Tom can retire to a life of leisure!

Reply to
B A R R Y

Isn't the idea for the kid to learn something about tools and design?

Reply to
asmurff

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

Reply to
B A R R Y