Pinewood Derby

Page 3 of 4
On Mon, 21 Jan 2008 17:46:42 -0800 (PST), Robatoy

You don't need no steenkin' bait.
You don't even need no steenin' hook!
Maybe the next header should be:
"Hillary - The Blond Leading The Blond?".
Like starving dogs onna meat truck, my brudda.
Regards,
Tom Watson
tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1 /
"Tom Watson" wrote

Judging by recent attempts, I'm not so sure it's working?
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/14/07

You sure as hell aren't providing anything but sturm und drang. You might announce who you REALLY are, if you're such an all-fired expert...and then show some proof of your expertise, something Tom Watson has done time and again for years. So far, from you, all we've read is drivel.

Just killfile the twit and move on. it's not worth the effort.
http://improve-usenet.org /
Twayne wrote:

Tom Watson may be a number of things, but he is no spammer. He has contributed to this newsgroup for a number of years. I may not agree with a number of his views or outlook, but he is a woodworker and has provided valuable information to users on this newsgroup on numerous occasions. Pinewood derby is one of his pet projects and it certainly is on topic for rec.WOODWORKING (wood, pine, get it?0
... and you have contributed, what, exactly?

None of which has anything to do with the spam under discussion.
Twayne wrote:

Just the kind of answer I expected. No substance, single-minded [mis]-focus.
Well, as others have said:
<plonk>
Once in a while, public plonking is well-deserved; it serves as a notice to the plonkee that maybe he/she/it is not playing well with others and may someday come to the realization that there are better ways to communicate. Kind of the Usenet equivalent of shaking the dust from one's sandals and moving on.

Consider that line stolen. I love the visual.
Robatoy wrote:

Not a problem, after all, I borrowed it from the Book of Acts.

Mark & Juanita wrote:

It may serve as notice that ONE particular reader is threatened by the plonkee. But the plonk-er hardly speaks for the hundreds or thousands of other readers. They're simply trying to make their dick just a mm longer.
Lumpy
You Played on Lawrence Welk? Yes but no blue notes. Just blue hairs.
www.LumpyGuitar.net
PLONK

plink plink, ploonnkk, plink p-p-plink-link, plonka, plonka, plonka, PiiiiinnnnnnGGGG!
5/4 time would be better than 4/4 but it's so hard to write!

Garage_Woodworks wrote:

Oh no! Something that I don't agree with. Plonk, plonk, plonk.
I FORBID you to ever read any of my posts again.
Lumpy
You Played on Lawrence Welk? Yes but no blue notes. Just blue hairs.
www.LumpyGuitar.net

And a troll is a troll.
And you are a troll.

What ever you think and works for you. We really do not need your help, you are not showing us any thing that we do not already know. For most of us, spammers are usually a short term and or one time nuisance. Then there is the troll that is far worse, like a disruptive kindergartner that society eventually shuns. You seem to be filling that position.
May I suggest that you either contribute or do us all a favor and go away. I will give you the benefit of the doubt a little bit longer and then for me you will disappear if you are of no value to the group.
If you are indeed sincere, use a new post and apologize to the group and try to fit in.

One thing it has shown is the number of people who read spams. It's high in this group. That's a bad sign. There is absolutely nothing in any spam that bears reading unless the reader is planning to use information it may contain based on the source code of the spam. Only suckers and desparate people read spam seriously and they are the ones who provide the spammer wtih his paycheck. Just reading spam for the sake of reading it is just plain stupid. But it seems to be done very often in this group.

If you think "plonk" is a threat, you're as wrong as you are stupid for using it. I could not care less whether you read my posts of not - you are irrelevant. If you're not smart enough to look at a post and decide it's not worth reading for you, then you probably also read spams regularly. You will be one of the reasons servers decide to drop the group because of the excess traffic spams and readers such as yourself create by reading them.

No, I won't use a new post as my current first two posts were on target and meaningful. Since then I have entertained myself by simply responding in kind to those who bothered to read spam and were upset to see someone has the guts to do something about it. You're the kind who will sit around and wait for things like the Can-Spam Act to fix everything for you; 'snot gonna happen. Had you not read the spams, you would have had no hint of anything that was in the thread. But you did click, didn't you? That was not only senseless to do, but stupid also.
It's been in interesting social sciences demo here watching the opinions of those who read spam and the silence from those who know better and at least don't admit it, or actually never bothered to click on anything that looks like spam.
I probably should apologize for "using" the group as I did/am, but from the lack of displayed intelligence I see, it's not worth the effort and would be on no value. Not being a follower, I will post anywhere I please and here at least the knowledge that some of the group of spammers and mongers won't be assessing respnses with the stupid misinformation they've presented over the last about 5 months here. Newsgroups get a reputation for accepting spam without consequence, and this group now has that reputation. It's precisely why I chose this group to post some of my reports in.
Twayn e

Just as you do personally, you don't really know if people in this group are reading the spam or clicking on as you are doing.

Plonk is not a threat by any means. Simply a warning that if you ever want to get an answer to a question that you may post, you need to be seen.
The rest of what you have to say is a load.

So I take it that Spam is a large source of your entertainment. With out Spam you would have little to say or do.

Please spare us all and post your "reports" else where.
Leon wrote:

I'd hope the "plonk" would act as a reminder to stop feeding the trolls so that those that have kill-filed the twerps do have to see their quoted message in replies from valued users of the group.
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA
wrote in message