Pinewood Derby

Page 2 of 4
Doug Miller wrote:

Ah another public plonking. That works so well to demonstrate the tolerance level of the plonker.
Lumpy
You Played on Lawrence Welk? Yes but no blue notes. Just blue hairs.
www.LumpyGuitar.net

I presume you'll be making the same criticism of 'GarageWoodworks', who also publicly plonked Twerp at the same time for the same reason...

Your sig is malformed. It should be preceded by two hyphens, a blank, and a newline so that conforming newsreaders automatically recognize it as a sig and do not quote it on followup.

--
Regards,
Lumpy:

Doug Miller:

Pretty much of anyone who is afraid to read something they don't agree with, and feels the need to demonstrate the histrionics of the public plonk. It's the NG equiv of taking your toys and going home.

Plonk me and you won't be bothered any longer?
Lumpy
You were the Ken-L-Ration St Bernard? Yes. My dog's bigger. www.LumpyVoice.com
Lumpy wrote:

It's not a matter of being "afraid", it's a matter of deciding not to associated with a particular individual.

If you're going to be confrontational about a suggestion that you bring your sig into compliance with accepted practice then it's not lookin' too good.
--John
J. Clarke wrote: [public plonking]

And the plonk-ER just HAS to make a big, histrionic, public display about who they personally think is "not worthy". Obviously seeking the approval of others. Obviously not enough of a man to stand on his own two feet and simply plonk the guy. He wants everybody to know that he's not afraid to be afraid.
Hilarious.
Lumpy
You Played on Lawrence Welk? Yes but no blue notes. Just blue hairs.
www.LumpyGuitar.net

Google doesn't ahve a plonker, but being afraid to read somethign I disagree with has never been one of my faults. I love a good disagreement. But there is an old New York saying, "Money talks, bullshit walks." Neither you nor your pal are saying anything, and you're both hoofing it.
On Sun, 20 Jan 2008 15:33:35 -0800 (PST), Charlie Self

I couldn't agree more.
Seriously thinking about an opposing viewpoint is good for the soul.
We "got's" to look at both sides...

Just a minot quibble, Charlie. (Hey... you said you >>love<< them !)
Google has the oldest *plonk* software around. You. If it looks like shit, it reads like shit, the actual post is shit, and you know where it came from...
Ta da!
It's a good post to skip. No configs for me. Most of us here have been around this as well as countless other newsgroups, forums, etc. It's just plain easier to me (YMMV) to flat ignore the idiots altogether. I ofter scan long threads to see who is participating before I even read them.
Long tangle threads on the poster opinion of the minutae contained in their interpretation of the constitution leave me along about reaponse #50.
I go to the next subject.
Robert
Charlie Self wrote:

Not my pal. As I've said many times. I speak for myself. I don't have the need to enlist others' support by way of the plonk de public.
Lumpy
In Your Ears for 40 Years www.LumpyMusic.com
Lumpy wrote:

More than half of your nine posts to this newsgroup have been complaints about the posting habits of others. Nobody likes a whiner.
--John
J. Clarke wrote:

Amen to that, John. Essentially what you're doing, Lumpy is the same as what Twayne/Pop was doing. Generating noise.
--
Tanus

This is not really a sig.
Tanus wrote:

So it's not generating noise if I posted the same noise that you just did? Or was there some kind of woodworking content in your post?
Lumpy
Were you the voice of Casper? No. Popeye, Snagglepuss and Wells Fargo Bank. www.LumpyVoice.net
J. Clarke wrote:

That corrected last sentence should read "I don't like a whiner". ^^^
Or is there a list of people that you represent when you use the collective "nobody"?
Now what was your answer to my woodworking question?
Lumpy
You Played on Lawrence Welk? Yes but no blue notes. Just blue hairs.
www.LumpyGuitar.net
Lumpy wrote:

<plonk>
--John

The Lump was only partially plonked till this plonk by the Master Plonker hisself.
Robatoy wrote:

I'm honored! The public plonkers continue to support my claim that it's not the plonk, it's the posture that counts.
Lumpy
You were the Ken-L-Ration St Bernard? Yes. My dog's bigger. www.LumpyVoice.com

I visualize a proper plonk to include fanned-out fingers a la MAD magazine's Don Martin. Perhaps a bit of a hip thrust.
On Mon, 21 Jan 2008 10:52:46 -0700, "Lumpy"

You know, your mom was right about hanging around with that Haskell boy. Now look at you.
Ah well, say hi to Wally and the Beave for me.
Regards,
Tom Watson
tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1 /

Do Wally and Beave run a bait shop? <G>
Robatoy wrote:

Nah, I think Lumpy wound up doing that after hanging around with Eddie Haskell; he wound up not amounting to much. Eddie of course did well because he was a trust-fund kid (Lumpy wasn't). Wally and the Beave see Lumpy on weekends that they go fishing; Ward and June made sure they were successful, stayed in school and got good jobs.