pine trim on windows

I need to trim out the windows on a ranch style home. There are many types of pine. Which are suitable for this job?
Len
On 3/31/2015 8:33 AM, Len wrote:

SYP, Southern Yellow Pine is pretty durable.
On 3/31/2015 8:33 AM, Len wrote:

If it is to be painted, why not use Hardietrim?
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net

Smart choice.
Can you get kiln dried treated? If not and it is to be painted, back-prime before installation.
Dave in SoTex
On 3/31/2015 1:00 PM, Dave in SoTex wrote:

OP didn't say interior or exterior, but naming the style of the house might of made me mistakenly assume he was talking about the exterior?
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
Len wrote:

If you live in the south or east, SYP as Leon said. If you are in the west, Douglas fir would be better than pine IMO, YMMV.

Interior or exterior? If interior, paint or stain? Interior paint grade fingerjoint works just fine. Exterior, SYP or cedar, Interior stain grade? I use mahogany or oak but clear pine or spruce works fine too - depending what you want it to look like.
wrote in message

+1
Also, if it's for exterior use, and is to be painted or stained with an solid body stain, PVC trim is a good choice.
On 3/31/2015 7:33 AM, Len wrote:

I doubt that the type of wood is as important as the finish you use to protect it from the suns rays. SYP, as others have suggested but any reasonably stable wood with a grain pattern you like should work just fine.