pin OaK?

just had a pin oak fall in my mothers front yard is this wood any good for woodworking?(worth have a mini mill make planks?)
thanks Len
leonard wrote:

base. I had them milled, dried etc. . . . I wouldn't do it again. The wood is a washed out, unattractive color, and full of knots. I ended up using some of the material for shop grade stuff, but frankly, it was barely worth that. IMO, Pin Oak is not a quality furniture grade wood.
Rick http://www.thunderworksinc.com
thanks for the info
Len

Naw it's worthless, You should get rid of it as soon as possible. In point of fact I'm such a nice guy I'll relieve you of the burden :-)
Seriously, It is nice turning wood. AS branch came off a Pin Oak in a friend's yard. I took a section and turned a bowl and 2 hollow forms..
It has a cream collored sapwood and a darker grey-brown heartwood, really nice.