Pin nailer

I am looking at 23ga pin nailers (PC or Grex)- any recommendations?

Reply to
greywood

I have the Cadex 23.35 which I believe is the same as the Grex other than the colour. It is great. I do not why you would want to drive a pin long than 1 3/8". When I was researching what to buy I remember that there seems to be a problem with the PC not always setting the pin below the surface. Cheers, JG

JGS

That PC problem is easily handled by touching the tip to a grinder. The tip, not the inside blade. A deft hand is a must. A little at the time.

If long pins aren't a 'must', then the Craftsman is a very good value. It is identical to the Nikle which lists for at least 100 dollars more.

Robatoy

I bought a PC but sent it back. Nothing that I tried would allow the pins to set below the surface of the wood. I did plan to replace it with a Grex, but spent the money on a Veritas shoulder plane instead.

"greywood" wrote in news:1162255141.980263.326360 @k70g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

Reply to
High Score

I have an "Omer", Italian, handmade, and used primarily in production environments ... pricey, does not drive anything over 3/4", but does what it supposed to do very well and is a pleasure to use.

One of the most "well made" tools that I own.

Yes, I would buy it again.

Reply to
Swingman

High Score wrote in news:Xns9872C89C13378max20@66.26.32.8:

So how do you whack the pin with the shoulder plane, to set the pin beneath the surface?

Patriarch

Reply to
Patriarch

Reply to
william kossack

So far I've seen Grex, Cadex and Max (who know how many more) all selling this identical nailer, looks like Grex is usually cheapest.

Reply to
MrM

Reply to
Robert L Wilson