Pictures of my son's balsa toy ship

My goal was not a beautiful ship, but getting my son interested in making stuff (and also him having relaxed time when no one is yelling).

Ship was spray painted gold, except for the US flag.

Ignoramus4664

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

Ignoramus4664 wrote: | My goal was not a beautiful ship, but getting my son interested in | making stuff (and also him having relaxed time when no one is | yelling).

Looks like complete success :-)

Morris Dovey

Security.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

ROTFLMAO...

Ignoramus4664

I'll second that.

Harold

Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos

I'm seriously concerned about your health, Tom. You're paying mine. :-)

Harold

Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos

You're safe, I know how wisely you spend your money. I'm proud to contribute to your "Golden Years"...or is it Platinum?

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Reply to
JR North

Heh! I'm old enough to qualify for both.

Harold and Susan Vordos

You're gonna have your hands full when he finds out he can build rockets. :)

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

Jon Danniken wrote: | "Winston" wrote: || Ignoramus4664 wrote: ||| My goal was not a beautiful ship, but getting my son interested in ||| making stuff (and also him having relaxed time when no one is ||| yelling). ||| ||| Ship was spray painted gold, except for the US flag. ||| |||

And a 15m catamaran :-D

Morris Dovey

And gets his first used car and starts "pimoing it up.

DAMHIKT

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

Agreed, but it's WAY too neat.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

And oh boy, are the girls in your neck of the woods going to be in trouble in a few years!

Reply to
Vic Baron

That's because his son did all the work! :)

Reply to
Vic Baron

I don't know, he is a little shy... We'll see... thanks though...

Ignoramus23363

That's a cute kid. He's likely to get help in the girl department.

When we moved to Michigan, my sons holed up in the basement playing video games for a few weeks because they showed up here between semesters in the middle of winter (NOT recommended. Move in the summer.) After about two weeks, the doorbell rang and I answered. Three pretty high school aged girls were at the door, and I assumed they were selling band candy or something. Instead, they asked for my middle son by name, and asked if they could come in and meet him. Mind you, he hadn't met anyone yet. After they talked a little, he said there was a party and could he go. I said of course, and away he went.

Apparently, there is enough communication and common interests between the two company towns that the word got out. He may have missed his Texas friends, but didn't lack for companionship, that's for sure.

For his first dance, he had noticed that the local dress style was grunge (which makes a lot of sense in a Michigan winter. Layers, you know.) He decided that wasn't for him, went to the western store and got some tight blue jeans, white shirt, and boots, then borrowed his brother's big belt buckle. The next day I asked him how the dance went. He said it was awful, he got really dehydrated (said with a shit eating grin). Then he said he couldn't get to the water fountain through the women wanting to dance.

Somehow, I don't recall dances being like that when I was young. Of course, he's a lot better looking. Takes after his mother, I guess.

Pete Keillor

Reply to
Pete Keillor

Well, when I was that age, and I'm guessing maybe you too, Pete, WE asked the girls to dance. Nowadays, it's a wee bit different .

Vic

Reply to
Vic Baron

Very nice!