Pictures of my son's balsa toy ship

Page 1 of 2
My goal was not a beautiful ship, but getting my son interested in making stuff (and also him having relaxed time when no one is yelling).
Ship was spray painted gold, except for the US flag.
http://igor.chudov.com/projects/Toy-Ship-For-Elia /
Ignoramus4664 wrote:

You're a good dad, Iggy.
--Winston

I'll second that.
Harold
"Winston" wrote:

You're gonna have your hands full when he finds out he can build rockets. :)
Jon
Jon Danniken wrote: | "Winston" wrote: || Ignoramus4664 wrote: ||| My goal was not a beautiful ship, but getting my son interested in ||| making stuff (and also him having relaxed time when no one is ||| yelling). ||| ||| Ship was spray painted gold, except for the US flag. ||| ||| http://igor.chudov.com/projects/Toy-Ship-For-Elia / || || You're a good dad, Iggy. | | You're gonna have your hands full when he finds out he can build | rockets. :)
And a 15m catamaran :-D
Morris Dovey wrote:

And gets his first used car and starts "pimoing it up.
DAMHIKT
Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)
Ignoramus4664 wrote: | My goal was not a beautiful ship, but getting my son interested in | making stuff (and also him having relaxed time when no one is | yelling).
Looks like complete success :-)

You are blessed! Take good care of him...he's going to be paying MY Social Security.

ROTFLMAO...

I'm seriously concerned about your health, Tom. You're paying mine. :-)
Harold

You're safe, I know how wisely you spend your money. I'm proud to contribute to your "Golden Years"...or is it Platinum?

Heh! I'm old enough to qualify for both.
A splendid ship indeed :) JR Dweller in the cellar
Ignoramus4664 wrote:

JR North wrote:

Agreed, but it's WAY too neat. <G>
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

That's because his son did all the work! :)
Vic Baron wrote:

Actually, it was the work area I meant to refer to, but a brain fart made me leave out a couple of operative words. <G>
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

Iggy - the grin on his face says it all!
And oh boy, are the girls in your neck of the woods going to be in trouble in a few years!

I don't know, he is a little shy... We'll see... thanks though...
On Thu, 01 Mar 2007 15:21:59 -0600, Ignoramus23363

That's a cute kid. He's likely to get help in the girl department.
When we moved to Michigan, my sons holed up in the basement playing video games for a few weeks because they showed up here between semesters in the middle of winter (NOT recommended. Move in the summer.) After about two weeks, the doorbell rang and I answered. Three pretty high school aged girls were at the door, and I assumed they were selling band candy or something. Instead, they asked for my middle son by name, and asked if they could come in and meet him. Mind you, he hadn't met anyone yet. After they talked a little, he said there was a party and could he go. I said of course, and away he went.
Apparently, there is enough communication and common interests between the two company towns that the word got out. He may have missed his Texas friends, but didn't lack for companionship, that's for sure.
For his first dance, he had noticed that the local dress style was grunge (which makes a lot of sense in a Michigan winter. Layers, you know.) He decided that wasn't for him, went to the western store and got some tight blue jeans, white shirt, and boots, then borrowed his brother's big belt buckle. The next day I asked him how the dance went. He said it was awful, he got really dehydrated (said with a shit eating grin). Then he said he couldn't get to the water fountain through the women wanting to dance.
Somehow, I don't recall dances being like that when I was young. Of course, he's a lot better looking. Takes after his mother, I guess.
Pete Keillor

Well, when I was that age, and I'm guessing maybe you too, Pete, WE asked the girls to dance. Nowadays, it's a wee bit different .
Vic