Picture frame for Gift (w/pics)

Hello everyone,

Many people here know I work at a tool store. A number of years ago local high school wood shop teacher was in the store looking for some screw drivers. We were talking about the types he needed to buy for his classroom that were missing. We covered Roberston, Phillips, and then I asked him if he needed any flat head screw drivers. I was then subjected to a 10 minute lecture about the fact there is no such thing as a flat head screw driver, but there is one called a slot head screw driver. (I may be exagerateing the length of the lecture). Many years have passed, we have done lots of business, and I would like to think we are friends. Every now and then when doing quotes for shop supplies for his school, I will slip in a dozen flat head screw drivers just for my amusement, just to watch him roll his eyes. He is one of the good shop teachers we wish every school had.

I saw this cartoon and just laughed my head off.

I had to get a print of it and frame it for him.

The frame I made is walnut, the butt joints are reinforced with FF buscuits and the proud maple bead is mitred and glued in, acting as a glass stop.

hope to give it to him this week before classes end.

Thanks for looking,

David.

Every Neighbourhood has one, in Mine I'm Him

Reply to
David F. Eisan

Nice, but you didn't screw it together?

Reply to
digitect

David, that is a mighty handsome and manly looking frame.

Reply to
Leon

David....*cracking up here* you have out-done yourself.

*deep bow*

..your humble servant,

Robatoy