Picture Frame

Hi all,
Looking to frame a large official document(17 x 37). I need to make a custom frame for it. Don't have a great mind for design. does anybody have any good ideas for this??? I have thought about using chair rail or blank stock for this. what profiles would look good routing the blank stock or what types of chair rail would work??? Maybe a shadowbox??? also what would be the best wood to use??? any ideas at all please help!!!
Thanks Dave
It's hard for someone to give you advice on this without seeing doc, etc. It is for me anyway. Here's a link in case you don't have it, for building picture frames. Will help you gauge proportion. You probably are just going to have to run some scrap thru a few router bits to see how it comes out or go to a place that sells/makes picture frames and see if you can get ideas there..
http://kombat.org/FrameMaking/index.html

Check on Wood or American Woodworker's web sites. A few years ago one or the other had a good write up on picture frames and how to do them . Jim