Pics of My Shop Made Baseboard

I'm trying to get mine spouse to agree to picture rail. Not sure why, but I really like picture rail.

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

I got a planer for the express purpose of making my own baseboards. 7" baseboards, with a modest design, are shockingly expensive - if they can be found at all.

Reply to
HeyBub

I love picture rail, but I think you need high ceilings for it to look right.

Reply to
-MIKE-

That is so true. I got all my poplar (1 side straight, planed to 13/16") for practically less per board foot than they charge for a linear foot of cheap, paint grade, pine, 3-1/2" colonial base.

Reply to
-MIKE-

LR has cathedral ceiling. Not sure it would work, but I may try it out.

Reply to
Lobby Dosser