Pics of My Shop Made Baseboard

Page 1 of 2
This is what I came up with to go over the engineered hardwood we put in the home office. I like minimal & classic... hopefully I achieved it. Pics, later, of the install.
http://picasaweb.google.com/mikeadiddle/CustomBaseboard
--

-MIKE-

I like the shape and style. But... I like baseboard a little taller than 4.5"... but that's personal. Don't you just love working with poplar? IMHO, it is almost the perfect wood.
On 1/15/11 2:36 PM, Robatoy wrote:

Ironically, that's why I went with what I did. :-) The existing baseboard was that horrible clam-shell stuff that was probably meant to be window casement. So this is a lot higher. But I'm also a fan of scale, and since this room is only 11x12 and I can almost touch the ceiling, I stopped where I thought the scale was appealing.
I am thinking about some chair rail, though. :-)

Yes, I do.... cheap, but hard and clean.
--

-MIKE-

I knew a stripper like that.
On 1/15/11 3:26 PM, RicodJour wrote:

I was already thinking of the jokes as I was typing that.
--

-MIKE-

Who's joking?
Before going to chair rail - look at other machines about the office.
The large rolling trash cans - where do they rub.
The pallet jacks or do you use smaller carts ?
We installed a band in a section of a large building - and found out yet another hand truck hitting the wall.
We finally used 10" wide boards that were beautified on the tops.
Another about Elbow height was needed for other carts.
Offices can be complex. The cleaning crew and the mail cart throw different mixes in when you have a shipping department in there...
Martin
On 1/15/2011 3:17 PM, -MIKE- wrote:

On 1/15/11 9:02 PM, Martin Eastburn wrote:

LMAO!! Ok, Martin, I'll keep all of that in mind. :-)
This is a bedroom converted to a home office, because my wife has started telecommuting. I'd love a cleaning crew, but I don't think I could fit a pallet jack in the upstairs hallway.
--

-MIKE-

But you won't know until you try. Have a camera ready when you try it. And wear running shoes and a helmet if the wife is home.
?

I like it. Much nicer than the store bought stuff or plain old clamshell. I'm looking forward to pics of it installed.
On 1/15/11 3:25 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Thank you. I will post them.
--

-MIKE-

CLEAN!
On 1/15/11 6:37 PM, Lobby Dosser wrote:

OK, then. :-)
--

-MIKE-

"He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! "
Brian's Mum
On 1/16/11 3:58 AM, Lobby Dosser wrote:

Oh, I know and it's appreciated. I was commenting on your succinctness. :-)
--

-MIKE-

In spewed forth:

looks good and yeah, poplar is real nice for paint grade trims. Real easy to work with
Yea I like it. It is clean, classy, not overdone.
On 1/15/2011 3:23 PM, -MIKE- wrote:

? "tiredofspam" <nospam.nospam.com> wrote in message

Yes, and it leave plenty of room to decorate it with decals or stencils.
On 1/15/11 10:43 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

eeeeeeeeeeewwwwah.
--

-MIKE-

Wide chair rail band is a great place to put wallpaper border, if you were to find something you like.
--
Jim in NC