Piano Hinge

I need two short piano hinges, approx. 24 inches. I'm thinking about sawing a 48 inch hinge in half. Will I have any problem with the pin staying put? The hinges will be used vertically.
Thanks
Tim
"Ellestad" wrote in message

With a good quality hinge, you shouldn't have any trouble ... it's done all the time.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 1/06/07
Ellestad wrote:

I cut a piano hinge in two and tried to drive the pin out but couldn't.
DonkeyHody "Even an old blind hog finds an acorn every now and then."

No. We saw them up all the time with no problems. I don't know what holds that thing in but it won't come out.
Mike O.