Physical mathematical art

Take a break from doing taxes and look at another form of mathematics*. here is an art exhibit from the American Mathematical Society - Mathematical Association of America, Joint Mathematics Meeting. Some of these are wood (on topic), but they're all fascinating. see: http://www.bridgesmathart.org/art-exhibits/jmm08 /
Here's some more, but done with an amazing high tech metal fabrication process. (I have a birthday coming up if anyone has some spare change - grin) http://www.bathsheba.com /
* I'm really good at (and really tired of) typing mathematics now....

1. The server doesn't have enough horsepower to do the job.
2. The works are listed by artist, not materials.
It might be a wonderful exhibit, but I won't waste hours on a site the gives an error message on almost every page (4 out of 5 that I tried).
Maybe another day - when they have it working...

Which ones use WOOD mediums?

http://www.bridgesmathart.org/art-exhibits/jmm08/burkholder.html http://www.bridgesmathart.org/art-exhibits/jmm08/deJong.html http://www.bridgesmathart.org/art-exhibits/jmm08/frazier.html http://www.bridgesmathart.org/art-exhibits/jmm08/wenninger.html last one is made from paper but could be made from wood http://www.bridgesmathart.org/art-exhibits/jmm08/thomas.html acrylic, but could be made from wood http://www.bridgesmathart.org/art-exhibits/jmm08/sequin.html don't know what it's made from, again - could be from wood
Just because it's not a box, chair, or turning, *doesn't* mean you couldn't make it from wood. Try cutting a tetrahedron on your table saw (or bandsaw). I've been interested in veneering and marquetry, and have been considering how to execute Escher-style tiling - look at http://www.spsu.edu/math/tile/index.htm for ideas on tiling and wallpaper. These designs, like a lot of things JoaT posts can serve as inspiration for a new project - not as templates to be exactly duplicated.