Phone Booth Plans

Hello to all and a happy Monday.
I just got off the phone with a client who asked for me to build a couple of full sized walk in phone booths complete with doors.
Any body know where I can find a set of plans? I could design these myself on CAD but it would be nice to have a point of departure.
TIA
Tom in Oregon
www.resourcecreation.biz
Tom wrote:

You should be able to DAGS for a London telephone kiosk/booth (any Brits out there that could help with the proper terminology?). Alternately go to the Daily Planet/Kent page for advice.     mahalo,     jo4hn
A Doctor Who wannabe?

of
myself
CW wrote:

exactly what I was thinking, but that would be a police booth.
Tom (in snipped-for-privacy@gaspra.spiretech.com) said:
| I just got off the phone with a client who asked for me to build a | couple of full sized walk in phone booths complete with doors. | | Any body know where I can find a set of plans? I could design | these myself on CAD but it would be nice to have a point of | departure.
Didn't find any plans - but this looks like a good dual use point of departure: <http://www.casketfurniture.com/items.php/casketfurniture_phone_booth . html>
Tom wrote:

try this site for ideas http://www.atelebooth.com/index.htm
Sounds like the phone booth might need to be of a style popular in the 30's, usually in hotel lobbies or the like? I've seen some of those in classi movies. Light comes on when the door closes, barely enough room to stand up. :)
John
Thanks for all the suggestions guys.
These are for a substance abuse recovery facility for cell phone privacy.
I have gotten some good ideas from the I-net and will just forge ahead and draw up my own plans from the customers criteria.
Tom in Oregon

Tom wrote:

Aha! You should check out the 'closet of silence' used by agent 86 and the Chief when the cone of silence was being serviced...
--

FF

John T wrote:

1930's????
I called from a booth like that in a Drug Store in the early 1970's. That building is no longer standing but I think you can see one like it (a phone booth like it, not a building like it) in in the 1977 movie _Telefon_ with Donald Pleasence and Charles Bronson.
Up through the late 1970s outdoor stand alone aluminum and glass phone booths were commonplace, they've been mostly phased out since, though the still show up in movies and TV shows when the modern open 'booths' are inadequate to advance the plot....
I assume OP's customer had some description of the type of booth, indoor or outdoor at least.
--

FF