Petition to secede? Interesting idea...

Page 2 of 3
Han wrote:

From what I here, there about 750,000 people chasing this "Thing".
Let's see there around 310,000,000 people in the USA.
750,000/310,000,000 = 0.024% of the population.
Yawn.
Time for a nap.
Lew
On 11/15/2012 12:28 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:

How many politicians did it tale to spend $13,000,000,000,000.00
On 11/15/2012 1:59 PM, Leon wrote:

trillion in 4 years. At a trillion /year that is going to b over 20 trillion of debt that will have to be resolved. The social democrats will probably propose some sort of dollar reevaluation.

"Lew Hodgett" wrote:
From what I here, there about 750,000 people chasing this "Thing".

OPPS
Should read 0.24%
Still time to take a nap.
Lew
On 11/15/2012 11:28 AM, Lew Hodgett wrote:

see your "rising creek" thread...

"It's a trap! There are TWO of them!"
--
I used to like fishing because I thought it had some larger significance. Now I
like fishing because its the one thing I can think of that probably doesnt.
On 11/13/2012 2:04 PM, HeyBub wrote:

As for the electricity, as I remember electricity is generate from Natural gas, coal, solar panels (when the sun shines), and wind mills when there is wind. Gas and coal are from the area wishing to secede, and there is not enough area in the concrete canyons for wind mills and solar panels. May be they can be harness the hot air from Washington DC
"Gramp's shop" wrote:

Dear Red States:
We're ticked off at the way you've treated California and we've decided we're leaving.
We intend to form our own country and we're taking the other Blue States with us.
In case you aren't aware that includes Hawaii, Oregon, Washington, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Illinois and all the Northeast.
We believe this split will be beneficial to the nation and especially to the people of the new country of New California.
To sum up briefly:
You get Texas, Oklahoma and all the slave states.
We get stem cell research and the best beaches.
We get Elliot Spitzer. You get Ken Lay.
We get the Statue of Liberty. You get OpryLand.
We get Intel and Microsoft. You get WorldCom.
We get Harvard. You get Ole' Miss.
We get 85 percent of America's venture capital and entrepreneurs. You get Alabama.
We get two-thirds of the tax revenue. You get to make the red states pay their fair share.
Since our aggregate divorce rate is 22 percent lower than the Christian Coalition's we get a bunch of happy families. You get a bunch of single moms.
Please be aware that Nuevo California will be pro choice and anti war and we're going to want all our citizens back from Iraq at once. If you need people to fight ask your evangelicals. They have kids they're apparently willing to send to their deaths for no purpose and they don't care if you don't show pictures of their children's caskets coming home.
We wish you success in Iraq and hope that the WMDs turn up but we're not willing to spend our resources in Bush's Quagmire.
With the Blue States in hand we will have firm control of 80% of the country's fresh water, more than 90% of the pineapple and lettuce, 92% of the nation's fresh fruit, 95% of America's quality wines (you can serve French wines at state dinners) 90% of all cheese, 90 percent of the high tech industry, most of the US low sulfur coal, all living redwoods, sequoias and condors, all the Ivy and Seven
Sister schools plus Harvard, Yale, Stanford, Cal Tech and MIT.
With the Red States you will have to cope with 88% of all obese Americans and their projected health care costs, 92% of all US mosquitoes, nearly 100% of the tornadoes, 90% of the hurricanes, 99% of all Southern Baptists, virtually 100% of all televangelists, Rush
Limbaugh, Bob Jones University, Clemson and the University of Georgia.
We get Hollywood and Yosemite, thank you.
38% of those in the Red states believe Jonah was actually swallowed by a whale, 62% believe life is sacred unless we're discussing the death penalty or gun laws, 44% say that evolution is only a theory, 53% that Saddam was involved in 9/11 and 61% of you crazy bastards believe you are people with higher morals then we lefties.
We're taking the good pot too. You can have that dirt weed they grow in Mexico.
Sincerely, Author Unknown in New California. ------------------------------------------------- And the weather sucks.
Lew
On 11/13/2012 6:32 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:

Sounds like the blue states come up short.
On 11/12/2012 2:31 PM, Richard wrote:

<https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/peacefully-grant-state-texas-withdraw-united-states-america-and-create-its-own-new-government/BmdWCP8B
other flyover Red states.
If those state were to cut their ties with the Washington government We would be the strongest country in the world. Logistically most of the manufacturing facilities are contained with in this region. Oil, natural gas, most of the mineral production in the part of the continent. They would have the necessary sea ports for trade. Most of the Current US military facilities are located in this area.
Why should we let the coastal cities dictate our way of life.
Keith Nuttle wrote:

Did they say anything about paying their portion of the national debt before they go?
Bill wrote:

The petition seems to suggest the first reason for it is to protect its citizens' standard of living. Whatever happened to "We're'all in this together?--one nation, indivisible..."
On 11/12/2012 5:11 PM, Bill wrote:

LOOOOOOOONG gone....
Didn't you notice?

When the gov't no longer listens to or supports its citizens...
-- While we have the gift of life, it seems to me that only tragedy is to allow part of us to die - whether it is our spirit, our creativity, or our glorious uniqueness. -- Gilda Radner
On 11/12/2012 10:12 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

When obama, the supposed president of the UNITED States, works to divide the country into the rich and the poor. the black and the white, the young and the old, the workers and the businesses, it becomes impossible for this to be one nation indivisible under GOD.
I think the social democrats ideas of diversity has done more damage to this country than nearly any other idea. What would Martin Luther King think of a president that was working to divide this country not bring it together to work as one? From his speeches I thing there are a lot of things that the social democrats are doing in his name that he would find disgusting.
On Tue, 13 Nov 2012 10:09:32 -0500, Keith Nuttle

[FWIW, I didn't say that, so your quote string was off a bit.]

He'd also be asking "Why did you give that to them? They didn't earn it. To have true value, something must be earned. Otherwise, it crushes the self-esteem even more. Handouts are demeaning."
-- While we have the gift of life, it seems to me that only tragedy is to allow part of us to die - whether it is our spirit, our creativity, or our glorious uniqueness. -- Gilda Radner
Hmmmm - That might work out for the rest of us. The government can take the social security funds intended for that "new country" and add them to the dwindling fund for the rest of us. Ditto Medicare funds, etc.
Not sure what the new country does with their retired. :)
On 11/12/2012 5:34 PM, RonB wrote:

social security funds intended for that "new country" and add them to the dwindling fund for the rest of us. Ditto Medicare funds, etc.

They'd just have to go back CA or the NEast, where they came from. ;0>
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
"Richard" wrote:

<https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/peacefully-grant-state-texas-withdraw-united-states-america-and-create-its-own-new-government/BmdWCP8B
As I remember, the last time this was tried, we fought a civil war.
Some people never learn.
And no, the South will definitely NOT rise again.
Lew
On Monday, November 12, 2012 7:09:31 PM UTC-6, Lew Hodgett wrote:

Yeah. Could get rough down there. The US will close all it's Texas military bases and move aircraft and arms to the Oklahoma, Louisiana and NM bases. In addition to going to war with a well fortified northern border they will have to deal with what is becoming a menacing threat on their southern border.
But they will still have some crop dusters.
This can go on forever.
RonB