Perles Safety Recall

We have just received a recall notice for the Perles (of Switzerland) 12 volt and 14.4 volt cordless drill drivers. It says they are being recalled from dealers to swap the stock because overcharging can damage the battery. When we contacted the UK office they said they could burst into flames. We haven't any left in stock, but we are trying to contact all our customers. I am concerned that, at least in the UK, they are only offering to swap dealer stock, and not alerting their end user customers to the danger.