Perhaps seperate group for INSPIRATION posts.

Page 2 of 4
Thousands in rec.woodworking? Who said that? I didn't. I said thousands who enjoy newgroup(s).

Usenet is not the web. The fact that there are web interfaces to access Usenet is irrelevant to Usenet, IMO.
The problem you have is that you are using the wrong interface to access news groups, plain and simple. The reasons *why* you are using that interface is also irrelevant to Usenet, IMO.
You can ride a moped on the freeway, but don't expect other drivers to slow down to 25 mph so you can read their licence plates.
Usenet is not the web? Nobody said it was.
Wrong interface? When did software become a moral issue?
Wrong interface? When did software become a moral issue?
bluemax1811 asks:

Long time ago. Check the names people call Microsoft and AOL for examples.
Charlie Self "One of the common denominators I have found is that expectations rise above that which is expected." George W. Bush
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Almost instantly. Need convincing? Visit http://www.stallman.org and ask the self-styled "Guardian of Software Morality" himself (requires a strong stomach.)
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

language is a virus

Burma!
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

How hard is it to go to the Advanced Search page, and type the word "inspiration" in the <without the words> block, before you click on Search?
Wed, Jan 19, 2005, 10:32am (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com says: <snip> And I think the site would get traffic. OK, let's vote on splitting the group. Rec.woodworking, and rec.woodworking.JOAT.
Will it be moderated? LMAO
JOAT Charity ain't giving people what you wants to give, it's giving people what they need to get. - Albert
On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 15:56:02 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote:

mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
J T wrote:

Why don't we each have our own NG, and that way there will never be any disagreements! We can just all sit around and talk to ourselves!
says:

There are those of us who do not need newsgroups for that.
Coth
Cothian wrote:

Especially when the tea cups are so small, oops, here comes another wave.
Let's just say it wasn't such a hot idea and drip it, okay?
Josie

Wed, Jan 19, 2005, 6:12pm (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@spamcop.net (DaveHinz) offered: <snip> JOAT, if you'd like some webspace to put your links, in additionto posting them here, I'll get you set up.
Thanks Dave, but no thanks. I don't save 99.9% of any links I find. For any I want to check later, I normally cruise the archives.
JOAT Charity ain't giving people what you wants to give, it's giving people what they need to get. - Albert

Mind if I harvest 'em from the archives and stick 'em on a page, if I get bored? Full credit to you and all that...
Dave
Wed, Jan 19, 2005, 9:19pm (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@spamcop.net (DaveHinz) wonders: Mind if I harvest 'em from the archives and stick 'em on a page, if I get bored? Full credit to you and all that...
ROTFLMAO Harvest away. None of them are mine, just links I ran across. Don' need no steenkin' credit.
JOAT Charity ain't giving people what you wants to give, it's giving people what they need to get. - Albert
I like the way that JOAT does his internet search results - easy to pass by, but easy to identify the ones that might hold something of interest to me. And I have even benefited from a few of them in finding something that was of use to me, or maybe just enjoying a comment that JOAT may have posted with the link. Since it doesn't cost anything to have them here, and they are so well labeled, I am certainly in favor of JOAT continuing to post here, and thank him for doing so.
Fred Bearman Port Huron, Michigan

Fred wrote:

Ditto.
Thanks, JOAT