Performax vs Delta wide drum sanders

I have been considering purchasing a wide drum sander for use in a home shop, for resawn veneer or highly figured panels which might chip out in a planer. ANy recommendations on the pros and cons of these (or other) models? I was looking at the Performax 16-32 or comparable size units which are about $800. Thanks. Jay

Reply to
Jay Stalman

I have the Performax, It's a great tool.

Dave

TeamCasa

Reply to
JGS

The biggest draw back to the Delta is that the table lifts for thickness adjustment. This becomes a problem if you use infeed or out feed supports for your wood. You will have to adjust the supports with each thickness adjustment.

Reply to
Leon

Had to make the decision myself a couple of years ago and chose the Delta.

As near as I could tell then, and have found no reason to say things have changed, both machines perform their basic functions quite well.

I chose the Delta over the Performex because I consider the fixed drum head design more stable, liked the versatility of the two speeds and, there is the ability to add a 4" pneumatic drum on the machine. It is an amazingly handing little option.

So, without taking anything away from the Performax, I've have no regrets about the decision.

Reply to
Mike G