Performax

Does anyone know anything about Performax Drum Sanders?

You put wood in on one side and it comes out the other side, only it's thinner, and smoother.
Sorry, couldn't resist...
P.
PS: I wish I had one..
On 26 Oct 2004 22:02:12 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Lequist) wrote:

a little, in that I have one and use it regularly. I'm not a drum sander fetishist or anything like that though...
what did you want to know?
I am liquidating my ex-husbands woodworking shop and I have a Performax for sale. I am trying to get a handle on what it is worth. It is a 22".
I also have a large quantity of other woodworking stuff I am selling.
Lequist said:

Evil woman...
Greg G.
On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 22:53:17 +0000, Lequist wrote:

Where are you and what do you have? As far as value goes, you'd be well served to get a list together of the makes and models of the machines and search the Internet to get a ballpark value.
--
Joe Wells

On 26 Oct 2004 22:53:17 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Lequist) wrote:

where are you located?
the 22" machine retails somewhere around $1200 new. depending on condition and who buys it you might get half to three quarters that.
Where are you located you sweet thing you.

for
Mmmm... After all, she did say EX-husband. Nudge nudge wink wink ;-)                             Mark L. P.S. Seriously, a good brand of sander like the Performax keeps it's value rather well. As someone else said, app 50 to 75 %, depending on condition.
Lequist wrote:

Lequist wrote:

Well now, that depends. If he ran off with his secretary (the woman, not a piece of furniture) and left instructions to "sell everything and forward me the money", then it would be worth $10. OK, $20.

As the others have said, whatcha got/where are you?
UA100

Send it to me and I'll mail you the money for it.
You have probably figured it out - this is a salty bunch.
But tools do get offered and occasionally sold here. If you will provide a general location (state, state-quadrant, city). You might get some real interest.
Some of the world's most hopeless tool-fetish's hang out here.
On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 08:54:33 -0500, RonB wrote:

Who are you callin' hopeless? Someday I *will* own one of each. As for these other guys, well they're just sad...
--
Joe Wells

Uhhhh...................Yeah, Salty!
(me too!)