Performax 16/32 adjustment?

I just put my new 16/32 together. Only had it stop twice so far... It does require some real patience. But it doesn't seem to snipe at all if I am careful to hold the board level at the end; so that is good news.
Anyhow, a board I sanded is 0.040" thicker on one side than the other, over 12". The instructions say to loosen two screws and tighten the fine adjustment knob; but it doesn't even hint how much. Would 0.040" be a quarter turn or 10 turns? All I am looking for is a ball park estimate. Thanks.
Thought I had sent you this already but here ya go....
http://www.joewoodworker.com/performax.htm
Bob S.