Performax 10x20

I am considering buying the 10x20 drum sander. Having had the 37 inch dual drum for years I think I know what its limitations would be. Does any body have one and could they comment on it. Thanks max

Reply to
max

max wrote: > I am considering buying the 10x20 drum sander. Having had the 37 inch dual > drum for years I think I know what its limitations would be. Does any body > have one and could they comment on it. > Thanks > max >

I have only used mine for one project so far so can't say much about the range of uses. I have never used another type so cannot compare. I used it on a set of parts for four chairs in red oak. I was quite pleased with the results. Did a very nice job of removing bandsaw marks and getting each piece to the same thickness. This was not removal of large amounts of stock since I started with pieces reasonably close to uniform. The unit appears solidly built, relatively heavy for its size. I do not have the extension tables but had no snipe on parts up to about four feet long. The current units include the ceramic tracking blocks which used to be optional. The belt tracking was right on out of the box. I did not find it necessary to adjust the drum for parallelism at all but have not used pieces requiring two passes yet. Dust collection with a portable 1HP dust collector was quite effective. John

Reply to
John