Penn State Cyclone Bag Question

See URL.
http://tinyurl.com/op34
Anyone using one of these in the 18" or 24" diameters?
How is it? Specifically, are you happy with it when comes time to empty it?
Thanks in advance.
UA100

don't waste your money. it will reduce flow and 5 microns is not small enough. a bag twice that size is not big enough. http://www.wynnenv.com/torit_filters.htm two of the filters listed will do a hell of a lot more then any bag and filter down to .3 microns. plus they are easier to clean and have a huge difference in airflow.
--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes
Steve Knight wrote:

Yahbut, I'm looking for a bag configured like the Penn State's, i.e., 5" going in, round tubular, 18" to 24" diameter and so on.
See URL.
http://tinyurl.com/op34
Now, are you saying that the *Penn State* bag(s) isn't/aren't worth the money or that *all* bags aren't worth the money?
I was kinda looking for actual user input on the subject. The bags themselves are way below the *hunnert dollar* mark and since they fit my design I kinda thought I wouldn't re-invent the wheel this time around.
In the mean time I 'preciate you thinking of me.
UA100

http://www.americanfabricfilter.com/ they can make the bag anyway you want it. a very high quality bag that i was happy with.

well bags themselves are ok. but the problem is you need a really big bag to not slow down the airflow. for a 2hp dc I bet you need over 30sf of bag. I had 30 and it slowed the air a little but not a lot. but the only way a good bag can filter fine enough is if it is big enough not to restrict airflow. Plus you need to shake it every time you use it or every day. if it gets a thick dust cake airflow slows and fine dust is forced out.

the link I sent you their prices are good too. my big bag was about 24"x6" or bigger 30 sf and only cost me 90.00 with shipping. but the problem with your design would be cleaning the bag. but if you don't work with tropicals you won't have as much fine sawdust as I do. the cartridge filters were the best investment. no more sawdust in the air and I just use a air hose to clean them every couple of weeks. it may be months for others.
--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes
Steve Knight wrote:

'Preciate the heads up on that.

I'm only running a horse anna half on a Murphy-Rodgers MRT5 so I won't be doing anything real serious for the time being. The main objective is to get it set up and functioning. I have the original bag but it's configured for more ceiling space than I have and I really don't relish cutting it up.

I am known for my good housekeeping.
UA100

it's the fan size you want to worry about.
I forgot you really want the bag to taper to the smaller size or it will be a real bitch to clean out.
--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes
Steve Knight wrote:

Oh no. The bag is 5" at the inlet and has a zipper going around the circumference at the bottom. I kinda liked this onna 'count of you get the maximum square footage the bag has to offer (in the beginning) and emptying might just be a case of disconnecting the bag from the piping, dropping it into a 30 gallon trash can and carrying that up to the out of doors.
I really don't relish the cleaning of bags but I'm thinking the more cloudage I can make outside...
UA100

but i wonder if it is 5 micron rated zipper?
--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes
Steve Knight wrote:

sigh...
I think we might be getting a tad anal with the subject.
UA100

(G) but not when it comes to your health.
--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes
Steve Knight wrote:

Sooooooooooooo, you never step foot outside your cocoon?
UA100

hell no (G)
--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes
Crawled out of the shop and said. . .:

hell no, he don't make any money outside his cocoon! *G* Traves
On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 02:45:44 -0500, Traves W. Coppock <newsgroups-AT-farmvalleywoodworks-DOT-com> wrote: f

not a whole hell of a lot inside it (G)
--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes
On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 17:04:23 GMT, Steve Knight

ROFL
but, its a labor of love and all that eh Steve?

it better be or I am NUTS (G)
--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes