Peg Board

Does any one know where non metal peg board may be purchased. Sometimes it is called 'shadow board'-- it looks like hard board with rows of holes in it.
Thanks,
LaVere
--
SOPER777

Depends where you are. In the UK I get it at B&Q or Wickes.
On 7/23/2005 3:31 AM SOPER777 mumbled something about the following:

I just bought a couple 4'x8' 1/4" sheets of it at Lowe's. I'm sure HD has it as well.
--
Odinn
RCOS #7

Yep. In my area (Houston), the pegboard carried by HD is vastly superior quality to what Lowe's carries.
Bob
On 7/23/2005 9:12 AM BillyBob mumbled something about the following:

And in my area, the customer support at Lowe's is vastly superior to that at HD, so I wouldn't know the quality of their pegboard.
--
Odinn
RCOS #7

In my area they both suck compared to the locally owned lumber yard I go to. I even can drive into the yard, give the yardman my list, and sit in the truck while they load it. Often times the price is the same or less than Lowes or HD, and they have what I want in stock, plus the quality is better. Greg
On 7/23/2005 11:53 AM Greg O mumbled something about the following:

All I've been able to find around here are Ace (very limited selection of anything), Lowe's, HD, Plymart (not open on weekends), and 84 Lumber (limited selection as well). Since I'm a weekend warrior (and very few of those weekends), I haven't found the need for anything I can't get at Lowe's YET.
--
Odinn
RCOS #7
SOPER777 wrote:

Yes.
Mortimer Schnerd, RN wrote:

Home Depot and Lowe's and other places will carry the peg board in 4 x 8 ' sheets but you can buy smaller pieces, too. They will usually make two cuts in wood products like this for free so if you bring your exact measurements you might not have to fuss with cutting it to the right size at home. (smells funny).
Josie
On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 11:35:01 -0400, "firstjois"

Well if your Home Depot is anything like my Home Depot you better add a little to those "exact measurements" and expect to trim to suit. I just bought two sheets of 1/2" plywood to make replacement doors for my daughter's storage shed. I asked that the boards be cut down to 6' by 3' (the size needed). The guy proceeded to put them on the panel saw and cut them. Got them home and they were off by about +/- 1/2" on all measurements. Given the use as shed doors, who gives a damn, but I would have expected a little closer "tolerances".
Dave Hall
On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 08:31:31 +0100, SOPER777

I've never seen metal peg board.. sounds industrial??
Most places that sell lumber also sell pegboard in both 1/8" and 1/4" thickness, in sizes from 2' x 4' up to 4' x 8'... and some sell the plastic stuff too.. I thought the plastic stuff was too expensive until I saw a wall in a day care done in it... 3 years of kids and still looked great..
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
Mon, Sep 4, 2006, 2:40am (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@.z (Stoutman) doth humbly admit: This is not a peg board, but rather a bulletin board. I really need to proof read these first. :(
If you'd have used your spell checker it would have told you it's a bulletin board, not a peg board.
I'd have told you thet "proof read" should be "proofread", but I didn't want to make you feel bad. LMAO
JOAT My shop, my rules.