Peachtree Woodworking = Cheaptree

I buy a lot of stuff from Peachtree. Maybe not so much anymore.

50% Freud router bit sale. Pretty nice discount so I order two of the same = small bit.

Get an email today... pharaphrase "we were overwhelmed with the response. W= e sold out. We can't buy anymore at the cheap price so no backorders and yo= u loose out. Sorry sucker."

The offer did not say "clearance" or "while supplies last", at least I don'= t think so and they didn't say anything like that in their pitiful "apology= ".

They are cleary big enough to cover the "loss". In fact if the email said "= you'll have to wait but we will honor the price even though we are losing o= ut" I would have thought much of their integrity. However, now not so much.= I sent them a reply indicating my "displeasure" and I will not be so eager= to ever buy from them again, although if it suits me I shall.

Reply to
SonomaProducts.com

sold out. We can't buy anymore at the cheap price so no backorders and you loose out. Sorry sucker."

think so and they didn't say anything like that in their pitiful "apology".

"you'll have to wait but we will honor the price even though we are losing out" I would have thought much of their integrity. However, now not so much. I sent them a reply indicating my "displeasure" and I will not be so eager to ever buy from them again, although if it suits me I shall.

I did not see the ad so I don't know if there was any fine print. Since you state that you don't know either, why are you whining about not getting a deal?

How often do you work for free? In this case, you did not get any savings, but you did not lose anything either. Perhaps they could have lost thousands if they tried to satisfy everyone that ordered.

You should be thankful they even made you the offer and passed on savings to customers. They could have bought at a good price and kept the extra profits.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

sold out. We can't buy anymore at the cheap price so no backorders and you loose out. Sorry sucker."

think so and they didn't say anything like that in their pitiful "apology".

Looks like they are covered.

are subject to change. Pictorial and typographical errors are subject to correction at time of order. Peachtree Woodworking Supply Inc. reserves the right to refuse any order. Peachtree Woodworking is not responsible for any typographical errors posted on-line.

Peachtree Woodworking Supply, Inc. E- Direct Special Offers

E-Direct Special Offers are valid only for orders placed online or by phone at time of promotion and cannot be combined with other sales offers or applied to previous orders .Previous purchases from a Woodworking Show do not qualify for E-Direct promotional price. Peachtree Woodworking Supply, Inc. reserves the right to limit quantities, correct errors or omissions and modify or end E-Direct promotion at any time

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

You should be thankful they even made you the offer and passed on savings = to customers. They could have bought at a good price and kept the extra pro= fits.

I am not thankful at all and not whining. Just sharing with others that Pea= chtree woodworking are cheap bastards. I am talking about a compnay that tr= eats their customers badly. They made a clear offer. People accepted it. Th= ey didn't honor the offer. Their pitiful apology indicates it was an error = on their part and they did offer me 10% off on any purchase over $25. That = is pitiful.

How often do I work free? If I say I am gonna work free, then I hold up my = end.

I did lose something; my respect for Peachtree Woodworking. The money means= less than nothing to me, I have plenty.

Reply to
SonomaProducts.com

Looks like they are covered.

Whoops!

I never said they had some legal responsibility to to honor the price. I said that Peachtree Woodworking are cheap bastards who don't honor their word. That's all.

Reply to
SonomaProducts.com

that Peachtree Woodworking are cheap bastards who don't honor their word. That's all.

Know how you feel, other then the Bessy deal that Woodpeckers offered said limited quantiities and I waited a couple days to respond and lost out. Pissed me off, because I should have jumped on it, but they were up front.

Mike M

Reply to
Mike M

Maybe not as covered as they would like you to believe:

Swingman

customers. They could have bought at a good price and kept the extra profits.

Peachtree woodworking are cheap bastards. I am talking about a compnay that treats their customers badly. They made a clear offer. People accepted it. They didn't honor the offer. Their pitiful apology indicates it was an error on their part and they did offer me 10% off on any purchase over $25. That is pitiful.

less than nothing to me, I have plenty.

I can't speak for others, but it had the reverse affect on me. I was unaware of the company and now I may start buying from them. You lost respect for them, I lost respect for you.

I don't see them taking a loss because you missed a bargain and are having a hissy fit. There was no out of pocket loss on your part.

Let's get back to the "working for free" issue. OK, you said you would do it and hold up your part of the bargain. What if you show up, tools in hand, and find out the job is also going to cost you $150 for material to do it. Would you still be happy and pay it?

They are out of a particular product. They can't get any more. Done. You missed it. Shit happens so you move on since there was no loss.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

that Peachtree Woodworking are cheap bastards who don't honor their word. That's all.

I understand you're disappointed and won't buy from them again (unless they offer another deal you want to bite on) but their "word" is contained in the offer and limitations as stated on their site. You cannot parse this out and pick and choose. They made an offer, true, but all offers are subject to the fine print.

Would you still be whining and castigating them if the reason they didn't provide you with those bits was due to the ship carrying them over here from Freud had been lost at sea?

Suck it up and move on. They aren't cheap, they ran out. They didn't charge your CC and make you fight for a credit, did they? They didn't ship you the same bits but charge you and extra $10.

You didn't lose anything, you just didn't score a deal.

That's life.

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

I will say that it was the one company, back in the days of the old woodworking shows, who left a bad taste in my mouth to the point that I soon stopped buying from their booths at those shows.

I distinctly recall nothing friendly about the way their show personnel treated customers at the Houston shows, and perceived an attitude of "get their money while you can".

AAMOF, and once experienced, I detect a familiar whiff of that same attitude in the wording on their website ... something you do not see from the Rob Lee/Lee Valley's of the woodworking business.

Strictly my 2 cents/opinion, for good or bad, and biased or unbiased so be it, but definitely lingering feelings based on a couple of experiences buying from them at the shows.

FWIW/YMMV/etc. ...

Reply to
Swingman

that Peachtree Woodworking are cheap bastards who don't honor their word. That's all.

That reminds me of the Bosch REBATE that I took advantage of in the first week of June pretty close to the first day of their promotion: Buy a tool at the stated and get two free batteries.

I received my batteries two days ago (11/9/12). 5 Months~~150 days.

When I discussed the delay with them after 8 weeks, they said that the batteries were *FREE* (so I didn't have anything to complain about). I played with them a bit over whether the batteries were really free--but that was their position. The batteries arrived without any sort of note (apology?) or explanation. Even a Bosch coupon to help make up for the "inconvenience" would have been appreciated! I'm on the lookout for a Milwaukee jigsaw now (6268-21) (the newer Bosch jigsaws don't get rave reviews).

Just a reminder to "be wary" if it doesn't come in the box! : )

Bill

Reply to
Bill

Yep. Good way to put it.... I had the same feeling.

Reply to
-MIKE-

Exactly how were you inconvenienced? Rebates and freebies do typically take a very long time. Not saying it is right or wrong, but a common practice. You got something for nothing and yet you want more?

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I was going to post one of my caustic replies to this message, but with Bill's mind set, it's a guarantee that it would fall on deaf ears.

Reply to
Dave

I have to agree with him a bit in that they aren't technically free. If you could walk into the store and walk out (or have it shipped) with a battery, having done nothing else, paid for nothing else, then it would be free.

Regardless, this brings up a pet peeve of mine. People or companies who think just because something is offered for free, it can then be an inferior product or service. I can't tell you how many times I've heard the excuse, "well, it's free isn't it?" That is complete bullshit in my opinion. If you offer something for free or discounted price that isn't the same quality as that for which you would charge regular price, then you are negating any benefit the customer and company receive from the offer.

The same goes for people who act as if they don't have to put up the same effort when volunteering to do something. If you do a half-assed job or slack off when volunteering your services, then you are severely discounting the value of your service to the recipient and making yourself look like an ass in the process. IMO, if you aren't willing to put the same effort in and provide the same quality product when volunteering or offering something for free, then you shouldn't do it in the first place.

This is why many charities would rather ask for cash donations to pay for a service than to have people volunteer to do the service. When someone volunteers to do a job or fix something, they charity often gets put on the back burner, receives inferior parts, or sloppy work that needs fixed later. When paid for, the job usually gets done right the first time, on time as scheduled, and no one gets bent out of shape.

Reply to
-MIKE-

On Sat, 10 Nov 2012 14:58:37 -0600, -MIKE-

Sure, I can't argue with that. It's for that exact same reason that I usually only buy from companies that give outstanding service. Yup, it often costs more, but in the end, I'm satisfied with what I've bought and how fast it was shipped to me.

Lee Valley Tools is all that and more. Hell, they frequently give you something back even when it's not asked for. Approximately a year ago, I bought a nuts and bolts ID set. Apparently, there was some misprint (of which I was unaware) on the thread ID box. Lee Valley refunded my money and told me I could keep the order.

Can't ask for more than that.

Reply to
Dave

My thoughts exactly.

Reply to
Steve Turner

that Peachtree Woodworking are cheap bastards who don't honor their word. That's all.

So does that make you a lying bastard for not having the kits on your website available that were, and still are, advertised to be available in late 2011 or is that an invalid analogy?

?option=com_content&view=category&id=15&Itemid=18

Reply to
Some Guy On The Internet

that Peachtree Woodworking are cheap bastards who don't honor their word. That's all.

there you go! IF those cheap bastards at Peachtree had given him the router bits he wanted at the sale price, he would have had the kits in stock by now. But, Noooooooooo! They ran out and he's had to spend all his time bitching about how they screwed him over rather than going elsewhere with the money (that never left his wallet) and buying a couple of bits.

Hey! If we considered buying one of those kits and couldn't, are we victims too?

Who is victimizing us? Sonoma Products or that evil Peachtree?

Sorry, just couldn't resist

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

I didn't see anything in that doc that said what peachtree did was illegal.

Running out of stock because you oversold is fine if you had enough stock on hand to begin the sale.

If you had 5 pieces knowing you would sell 200 well then your an Ahole vendor.

But this is probably not the case with Peachtree. I have bought from them in the past and will continue to.

I prefer Lee Valley over most others.

Reply to
tiredofspam