PC Tiger Saw Gloat

Little Gloat today.
At the borg picking up a space heater for the shop^H^H^H^H Garage - do my normal lap thru the tool corral. Spot a Portar Cable 11amp Tiger saw (Sawzall) on sale - yellow tag for 99.00 - normally $159.
Yellow tag gets me another 10% off it. Plus I had a 10% off coupon - out the door for $82 and change. Kewl - always wanted one of these ;)
Rob
You can reply to me at r_b_v at v_e_r_z_e_r_a doht c_o_m
remove _ to get the correct address
Rob V said:

Not to knock your gloat but...
My borg had the same deal "yellow tag for 99.00 - normally $159". They had about five of them in a clearance area and the guy in the nifty orange apron says "Anything you want but don't like the price on, let me know and I'll see what I can do." Well I,m getting ready to demolish a garage so I can build a bigger better one and I think this Tiger saw could come in handy. Well the SWMBO doesn't see it that way and we leave. That's OK, they got plenty of them and now I'll have a chance to look on line and see what they are going for. $139.00. The next morning I head back to the borg and go right to clearance city. Only 3 left and no salesman around to barter with. After about 10 minutes of checking out the rest of the clearance stuff an employee shows up and starts doing whatever it is they do. I ask "Is $99 the best price on the Sawzall or is it gonna get cheaper in a few days?". She pulls out a printed sheet, looks it over and says "$70.00 is the lowest I can go.".
Sold!
Why I didn't buy all three I'll never know.
Dave Miller
Yeah, I don't think there is any truth whatsoever to any of those rumors about the Tiger Saw causing impotence. <g>

I hate to correct you but #1, It's spelled i m p o r t a n c e. #2, my mother always said I was important. I didn't need any saw to make me so.
Dave Miller
Dave Miller wrote:

Because it's a Tiger Saw. Not a Sawzall.
(My bit of tool snobbery for the day)
--
Mark

N.E. Ohio
Congratulation :-) You Are Going to Love That Monster !!!
The Tiger Saw has more uses around a normal house than you can shake a stick at -- and in the hands of the clever (or crazy :-) ) it has even more!
Got trees? It's a great pruning tool. (And just switch blades and you can convert all those branches to mulch in no time.)
For thrills and chills get yourself a long pruning blade and use it carve your Easter Ham and Thanksgiving Turkey! (Good reason to get a Power Washer too -- to clean up the dinner guests :-) )
I also did well (pricewise) on my Tiger Saw some 18 months or so ago. "Ole Tige" isn't too far from being one of the most-used tools in my arsenal!
--
Steve
www.ApacheTrail.com/ww/

BigOrangeRetailGiant - in the UK, that'd be B&Q, in the US, any of the big commercial stores - sometimes called 'sheds' as well.