PC or Hitachi router?

I'll effectively say it also. My M12V is almost 4 yrs old and has been in the router table its entire existence. Moldings, roundovers and countless pieces from patterns. The M12V hasn't skipped a beat.

Reply to
some other Tom

The parts list shows the 1/2". The ad says it comes with a 1/4", but I think they mean it is an accessory, not the standard collet. It is also listed with other accessories.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

I have a DeWalt plunge router. Seems good, but I don't have enough hours on it to say how durable it is in the long run. I use the table far more than the plunge.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski
.

Ayup, (in my opinion)

Reply to
Tom Gardner

"Jimmy" wrote in news:9rekg.24397$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr14.news.prodigy.com:

The hitachi M12V plunge is currently $159.99 at Amazon, and 10% off code is SAVTENPTJUNE - so that's $144 .

I don't see how you could beat that. More horsepower than the M12VC, but maybe you don't want the plunge base.

Reply to
John Doe

... but not nearly as stylish. :-P

Actually, tha M12VC doesn't bother me. The jigsaw, however, is hideous.

Reply to
ALF_SCHUMWAY