PC or Hitachi router?

Page 2 of 2

So far Ed's given you the best advice...that Hitachi's just butt ugly, and self-respect plays a role in the shop. I'll start buying Hitachi again when they're done with their NASCAR phase.
My two-cents: Get the Bosch Duece 'n a Quarter. I had the opportunity to use a PC at a woodworking school a month ago, and the dominant feeling I walked away with was "what a piece of shit that was." Couldn't hold a candle to the Bosch. Couldn't even hold the matchstick.
Thanks for the advice and opinions. Sounds like not too many people have the Hitachi. Wonder if it glows in the dark? Will take a look at the Bosch and PC.

I realize it wasn't in the subject line, but what about Dewalt? I did a pretty thorough survey of routers a couple months ago in preparation for buying one and it seemed like the Dewalt was a pretty well reviewed model.
There is a 2hp or so model with a 3 base form I was going to get. Thoughts?
Jimmy wrote:

I have a DeWalt plunge router. Seems good, but I don't have enough hours on it to say how durable it is in the long run. I use the table far more than the plunge.

The hitachi M12V plunge is currently $159.99 at Amazon, and 10% off code is SAVTENPTJUNE - so that's $144 .
I don't see how you could beat that. More horsepower than the M12VC, but maybe you don't want the plunge base.

... but not nearly as stylish. :-P
Actually, tha M12VC doesn't bother me. The jigsaw, however, is hideous.