PC has infiltrated The Wreck.

Page 1 of 2
Honest to goodness.
People are trying to tear down this last bastion where we can speak what we feel. I refuse to cow-tow to the anal, draw-string-tightened-sphincter spinster mentality. If I want 'prim-and-proper', I'll exhume my aunt Bea. She held her pinky out 'just the right way' when she drank her tea. Then, in the evening, with her curtains drawn, she'd get hammered on gin and try to slurp what-ever young female that dared to enter into her sphere of 'properness'.
I don't dislike or hate anything or anybody easily.
But I thoroughly hate hypocracy.
If I offended Henry Law with my brash comradic welcome, I apologize.
If anybody else has a problem with this...well go and...have a nice day.

I hope you're aware how offensive a term "kowtow" is, redolent as it is of Chinese imperialist servitude.
Or is "Cow towing" just something you Canucks do when it's too cold to get out of the pickup and tip 'em?

WHO told you that?????
As in 'cow-tow-truck? That's some funny stuff right there, Andy.
I am visualising a rope around some heffer's neck and draggin' her off for a date.
snipped-for-privacy@topworks.ca says...

heh, we had a Toyota ad here once on tv, where a farmer in a 4wd tries to pull a cow out of a swamp and suddenly the rear window gets hit by a flying cow's head. Those were the famous 'bugger' ads....
Puts a whole new 'spin' on cow-tow, that does.
-P.

And now on YouTube. It's a good one.
Reminds me of a summer I spent in eastern Oregon in 1977, mudlogging the night shift on a wildcat oil well.
Apparently, if you sneek up on a sleeping cow in the middle of the night, and hit her smack in the eyes with a bright flashlight (the light beam, NOT the handle part), she blows cowpies and piss like a geyser.
I proved it many times that summer.
-Zz

I think that if I did that to you, the result would be somewhat similar. <G>
Zz Yzx wrote:
> Apparently, if you sneek up on a sleeping cow in the middle of the > night, and hit her smack in the eyes with a bright flashlight (the > light beam, NOT the handle part), she blows cowpies and piss like a > geyser.
Ever hear the expression, ".. like a cow pissing on a flat rock", to describe a heavy rain storm?
Lew
On Tue, 22 May 2007 06:17:09 GMT, Lew Hodgett

I've used that for years. Hardly anyone has ever heard it before, but it never fails to entertain.
--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Come on down to Texas, you'll hear it almost every time it rains.

SWMBO doesn't find it entertaining. Particularly in 'polite' company. Actually that's one of the more moderate of those that I know. "Slicker than snot on a boardwalk.", is another favorite - usually reserved for icy pavement in mid-winter.

That explains why milk wasn't as cheap at Safeway.

That would be heifer... :)

That would be heifer--so as to offend neither the spelling purists nor the cattle union... :)
dpb wrote:

Or "Hef" and his fans. <G>
Robatoy wrote:

How dare you tell me what kind of day to have!
If I want to have a crappy day, I will!

reminds me..
Moshe, after shule, asks the rabbi: "Rebbe, in your talk today, you said that life was like a bowl of cherries. Why is that, Rebbe?" The rabbi shrugged and said: "Okay, life is NOT like a bowl of cherries."
BARRY.. if you want to have a crappy day, enjoy it...or not. <G>
Robatoy wrote:

Listen here you bastard, you keep on doing what you do. It's refreshing to hear(see) someone speak their mind with out all the Politically Correct Bull. Am I the only one, or can others see a problem with the term 'Politically Correct". ;) regards John
wrote: ...

You're not the only one.
Let's see now. "Political Correctness" as I understand it, is a mode of behavior imposed on the individual by societal pressure for the purpose of insuring that no one is offended by what the individual says or does.
I find that offensive.
Therefore, "Political Correctness" is "Politically Incorrect".

Many years ago I worked for a student radio station. The first thing they taught us was to just ignore any errors you made on the air. Any attempt to explain (or in your case, justify) them will do nothing but draw attention to them.
I haven't any idea what you might have said. If you had just let it go...