PC C3551 Air Compressor

Oil lubed.
Just cracked the box and went through the break-in procedure. Tried my framer and finish nailers and it works great. Mobility is really good.
One negative: this sucker is LOUD! Unfortunately I was looking for a quieter type(hence the oil lube choice). It has a removable console. I guess I could wheel it as far away as I can go with a good extension cord and the distance will help with the noise.
RonT
Ron: If you put an extension cord on it, be sure and look in the book that comes with it. I am thinking that the model you have requires a 10 amp extension.
I know for mine, until I bought a 10 amp cord it started really hard and was prone to overheating. Correct cord = no more problems.
Robert
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

I'm thinking you mean 10 gauge, rather than 10 amp cords, Robert?
PS. I'm not nit-picking on simple grammar or spelling here...there is a serious difference.
Robatoy wrote:
<<there is a serious difference. >>
Wow... no kiddin. Thanks for catching that, there is a world of difference.
I did indeed mean <10 gauge>, not 10 amp, which is a worthless, skinny, weedeater cord.
Thanks -
Robert

That's really disappointing. PC literature suggests that it is supposed to be quiet. 83dba, cast iron, etc. hmmm. 85 DBa is a typical construction site and kitchen garbage disposal is 80 DBa. I guess your comprssor falles between the two.
Bob
Instead of the extension cord, use more hose. Tom