PC 890 series router

How's the new PC 890 router been since they have come out? I know they have sold quite a few since there intro. Who out there owns one? likes/dislikes? John

Reply to
Quadindad2

Scan the group for a 895PK review and rebuttals.

Greg G.

Reply to
Greg G.

Got one, love it. Better than a Bosch 1617 I had.

I got one from Santa. I like it lot. Nice soft start, lots of power, very quiet as routers go.

A few minor issues -

The manual (very brief) is full of errors. The demo disc has errors, too. I think it is because this stuff was being developed off prototypes that were changed by the time this router got into production. PC ought to get this straightened out, though - bad image.

The auto collet lock won't work on the plunge base with the standard base plate installed.

The frosted plastic adjustable witness line on the plunge stop rod makes reading the numbers difficult.

Regarding documentation errors - the description of the operation and adjustment of the plunge lock is wrong (probably from a prototype). When I got my router the plunge action was sticky, not unlike many other makes of plunge routers. A modest loosening of the plunge lock Allen screw took care of this problem - the plunge action is now as smoothe as silk. By the way, this Allen screw is 5/16 - not 3/16 as indicated in the manual.

Tim

likes/dislikes?

Reply to
Ellestad

By the way, I didn't have all the problems indicated in the review posted a few weeks ago. The action and accuracy of my router is very tight and reliable. All the PC label stickers were properly positioned and soundly stuck.

Tim

likes/dislikes?

Reply to
Ellestad