PC 8529

I am designing/building a new router table to accept my Porter Cable 8529. I found a phenolic plate (on sale!) from woodpeck.com pre-drilled to accept certain routers. The 8529 was not listed, but the 7529 was. From what I have read, the 8529 was just a minor upgrade to the 7529. Does anyone know if the plate drilled to accept the 7529 will fit my 8529? I have a feeling that it will, but I would like to confirm it if anyone knows for sure.
Thanks, Kirk

It will. I interchange my 7529 for my 8529 all the time in my table.
Good luck, Rob
http://forums.amateurtermite.com
I just mounted my PC8529 to a Woodpecker's phenolic plate last night. The 3 screws need to be replaced w/ 10-24 x 1/2". The router mates perfectly to the plate, but you have to drill a hole for the micro-adjusting tool. I stepped my way up to 25/64" for a near perfect fit, using the plastic base plate from the router as a guide (used longer screws to bolt it to the phenolic, centerpunching, and then drill holes of increasing size). Turned out very nicely. The plate I got from Woodpeckers is "RI890". Larry

I'm glad you mentioned this -- I was taking a closer look at my router, and wondering if it was going to fit through the opening in the table. It is quite a bit wider than the old Black and Decker I've been using for years.
I also ordered some T-track to build into the table to accept feather boards, etc. This wasn't part of my old router table, but looked like a handy feature. I'm also going to make this table/fence at least a foot longer than my old one to better support longer pieces.
If anybody has more tips, or "must-haves" for a router table, please point me in the right direction.
Thanks, Kirk