PC 7529 router worth repair?

I have had this router for about 2 - 3 yrs and it hasn't seen hard use. I was overall happy with it until the other day when it started having speed control problems. Running it most of the time in a table. It will do fine without any load but as soon as I put any load at all on it the speed goes way up and down. I see on the net this has been a common problem with this router. Is it worth sending it several states away to a PC service center? If you had it done to yours what did it cost for the repair and how long did it take them to get it back to you? Did the repair last?

Thanks Steve

Reply to
Sam

I had this router, I've bought it when released. I had the same problem brand new, Delta try to fix it, came back the same...my reseller replaced it with a brand new one....same s**t...it was not meant to run under table at all....even for 5 minutes..

I then bought a DeWalt DW625.....I like it and no problem at all......I also have a PC7519 no problem either....

Apparently PC fix the problem you have with the 7529...but you have to get a new one for that :-( If I was in your situation, I would try to exchange it for a brand new

7529.....maybe they will agree to replace it with a small fee or even better no cost....if not...buy a DeWalt DW621 if you want a good 2hp plunger.....

Good luck

-- Mike

"Sam" a écrit dans le message de news: xkmSa.5489$ snipped-for-privacy@news1.news.adelphia.net...

Reply to
Mike CBR929rr

IMHO, this thing ahs been a POS since it came off the design board.

If you can work a deal to get credit for it towards the purchase of a 7518, grab it.

Reply to
Lew Hodgett