PC 7518 router speed varying

I was using my PC 7518 at 10000RPM in a table to make a window stool the other day. While I was examining the last piece off the table, the router started varying its speed up and down. Nobody was near the thing; no load on it.
I went ahead and did the next piece. When I applied the load the rouiter went up to 10000 RPM and stayed there for the entire cut. After the cut, more varying speed stuff.
Anybody seen this one before? Has a cure been identified??
Len

Contact Porter Cable, this has been reported on numerous occasions. Apparently it is a problem not unique to your router.

Yes. It's probably a normal aspect of the really-low-speed operation when unloaded.

Cut more wood :-)
Have you tried blasting the dust out of the switch? Both of ours have been bothered by this on occasion (or even failed to start at all) and have benefited from a good shot of compressed air. FWIW Lenny
On Thu, 11 Dec 2008 16:36:19 -0800 (PST), " snipped-for-privacy@uiuc.edu"