PC 557 Question

I have a Type II 557 that has a dull blade. I did some work recently with Brazilian cherry that was as hard as any wood I have ever encountered. and now the blade has trouble cutting soft pine. Q. Can these blades be sharpened? Q2. Can I do this with a diamond stone, as this does not seem to be as critical as, say a router bit?

BTW, anyone who buys a 557 should remove the blade and coat the threads with antiseize compound. DAMHIKT

Don Sforza

Reply to
Don Sforza

I'd expect any sharpening service that can handle table saw blades would be able to sharpen it. You could probably touch it up with a diamond slip stone on the face that is radial to the blade, but I'd just send it out.

Bob S

Reply to
Bob Summers