pau fero for fretboard?

im thinking of using some pau ferro for the fretboard on a guitar.. i like the looks, i like the fact that its hardless is between rosewood and ebony, and most importantly, its free!
comments? anyone used this wood for a fretboard?
randy
It's been done. Ask group: rec.music.makers.builders

like
ebony,
damn, my news server doesnt seem to support that group.. i even refreshed the list and i dont see it. ah well, off go google...
thx randy

Never used it for a fretboard, but I think it looks pretty decent in a wood pen:
http://www.milmac.com/ww-pics/turnings/PauFerroExecutivePen.jpg

like
ebony,
Should be no problem. Check out warmoth.com - they make them, and they are known as an excellent quality parts shop.
"xrongor" wrote in message

like
ebony,
It is used on the fretboard of my fretless MusicMan bass, and is very close to the rosewood fretboard 'sound and feel' of my vintage 61 Fender Jazz.
From my experience, I would not hesitate to use it as fretboard material.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 2/28/04

close
thats what i was wondering. how it played. its a beautiful wood. i would really like the look of ebony, but its just too harsh sounding on a guitar..
did a little more research and i think thats the way im gonna go.
thx randy
Yes. Makes wonderful fretboards. And inexpensively!
SOAK it in nigrosine black aniline to get a much more uniform black color, if yours is varied, if that's the look you want.
hear: