Pattern Router Bit

Is there a general/all-purpose size pattern bit which would be beneficial to own? I would like to have a range of different sizes, but for now, I would like to start with a basic one then go from there.
Thanks
Well, all flush trim bits can be used for a lot of things. I like to keep several in stock but a 3/8" bottom bit is my favorite.
I keep a couple of top bits for working on templates.
You really end up buying bits based on the job you are doing. You will accumulate several after a few years.
Of course the big difference is if you are using the router hand held or in a table.
I also find that I always need a longer bit in many cases.
SBH wrote:

Rockler sells a combination pattern/flush trim bit. It's a helical bit with a bearing on the top and the bottom - Very very handy
Hope this helps
--
Gregory Paolini Design
www.GregoryPaolini.com