Pat Warner, how'd you do those dovetails?

Pat, Fifth photo from top, or second from bottom at http://www.patwarner.com/t_square.html .
Being a router guru, I assume you used a router. Did you also use a jig, like the Leigh, Akeda, or Porter-Cable?
I must confess, I have not read all the text on your web page so I apologize if you describe how you did it somewhere and I was too lazy to find it....

Have you read Pat's jigs & fixtures book? It's worth the cash.
Patriarch
An interesting risk-free method, albeit contrarian. The case work is assembled with trivial joinery (very shallow t&g, e.g.). Then with special templets and standard cutters the dovetail ways are cut. Spacing is arbitrary, cutters are too. Arrange to suit. Now make the pins on the router table, contrasting, subtle, or matching stock. Glue&Slide the pins home and dress ends and faces. Pix at:
http://www.patwarner.com/images/t_square5.jpg
Working on a product for just such a system.
On 13 May 2005 05:42:34 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@patwarner.com wrote:

So (assuming I parsed that correctly and believe what I'm seeing in the picture), it's just the "mortise and loose tenon" concept applied to (pseudo) dovetail/box-joint?
Hmmm...does that mean the back ends of the pins (hidden by the square in your picture) are round? (Or at least have rounded corners, depending on the cutter diameter.)
Lee
It is trivial; that's the point. Pins terminate square ended. The ways were chopped square. A full width top covers the connection.
On 13 May 2005 17:28:22 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@patwarner.com wrote:

Ah. You left that step out of the previous explanation.
Lee