Pass You Eye! Assembled Table Pics

Page 6 of 8  
On 9/21/2015 11:03 AM, Markem wrote:

The "sarcastic" remark was aimed at me, and it was "predictably" worded in a way that made it look like I said something I didn't, ergo, a lie. I didn't blow up either, I just asked him a question regarding his bogus insinuation.
--
Jack
Add Life to your Days not Days to your Life.
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

No what is predictable is your continuing expressing your views on Festool and that it will degrade. Now I have seen your view point several times and we all know were you stand.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 9/21/2015 9:14 PM, Markem wrote:

Yes, my views on Festools are clear and consistent. I doubt my view will "degrade" whatever that means. Do you think over time I'll begin to think Festool should raise their prices as they are too low? What exactly do you mean by degrading view?
As far as continuing expressing my view, do you think I shouldn't express my views, like only a chosen few have a right to express their views?
--
Jack
Add Life to your Days not Days to your Life.
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

The discussion degrades, if you need to be redundant in expressing yourself go for it.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 9/22/2015 6:18 PM, Markem wrote:

You said that already. Makes no more sense the second time.
--
Jack
Add Life to your Days not Days to your Life.
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Actually it was a correction of your misconception.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Good Lord, you're stupid. You came to the conclusion, with your sample of ten tradesmen, that professionals didn't use Festools. I was demonstrating just how goofy your logic is.
You didn't just ask a question, you went ballistic for no damned reason and showed not only how thin skinned you are but just how dense, in one paragraph.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 9/21/2015 9:37 PM, krw wrote:

Good lord you're stupid. I came to that conclusion when I never once saw professionals in real life using Festools. I asked a small sample of professionals, not hobbyist, and 100% of them did not use any Festools, concurring with what I noticed. I asked them because I realized I don't spend my life cruising job sites looking for Festools. The result surprised even me. Turns out I'm not the only one that noticed this.
That doesn't mean no professional on earth uses Festools, or that Festools are trash. I never said either of those things, and in fact, said exactly the opposite, and explained why I thought this was. Turns out Nailshooter not only noticed the same thing, but also had the exact same thoughts on why.
As far as your stupid "sarcastic" remark about your bogus 10 hobbyist survey, if you had any brains you would have simply said what you thought instead of making shit up.
--
Jack
Add Life to your Days not Days to your Life.
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 9/22/2015 4:04 PM, Jack wrote:

I am very pro Festool for me, it pays for itself and I do better and faster work as a result. BUT as you have observed I think you would have to do a sampling of probably 200+ pros to find one or more that use Festool. On a similar note I have a relative that performs oil field equipment maintenance and emergency repairs. He recently purchased a torque wrench for the big nuts and bolts. Only he touches it. IIRC he paid somewhere north of $23,000.00. A lot of the guys out there just beat a wrench as long as it will turn.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

With a sample of 10 you jumped to an asinine conclusion. I see you're dumb enough to double-down, even after your illogic has been pointed out to you (even to the point of explaining the punch line).

Dang! You're stupid.

It was a jab at your asinine illogic, which you continue defend like a true idiot.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 9/22/2015 9:39 PM, krw wrote:

Pointed out by you, and you are an idiot. The observation was mine, backed up by the tradesman I talked to, backed up by what nailshooter also observed, and now, backed up by Festools #1 spokesman, Leon. He "guessed" I would have to interview 200 tradesman to find one that uses Festools. My guess would be 1 out of 100, but who knows, certainly not you, a true idiot.

If you say so, I guess it must be... Idiot!
--
Jack
Add Life to your Days not Days to your Life.
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Only an idiot would make such a statement. Of course I pointed it out. That *is* what we were talking about, dummy!

...backed up by a self-selected sample of 10 (to "prove" a conclusion you're already made). ...and you call me an idiot.

Yes, and you continue to prove it.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
What a shame. A great thread started by a proud craftsman that wanted so share some really great work has completely devolved into a pissing contest between hard heads about subjects completely unrelated to Sonny's fine table and great work.
You bad asses keep on pissing...
Robert
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 9/25/2015 12:26 PM, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Wouldn't be quite so bad if folks would just learn to trim quotes, instead of quoting half a dozen entire posts.
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 9/26/2015 6:24 PM, Swingman wrote:

Amen to that. The only time I do it is when someone keeps quoting unneeded pages, and I'll do it back to them, stupidly thinking it will show them the light or piss them off. I don't think it does any good, but I'll do it if I'm in a grumpy enough mood.
--
Jack
Add Life to your Days not Days to your Life.
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 9/27/2015 9:42 AM, Jack wrote:

I simply for get to do that and then some one is always unhappy. LOL
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Trouble is, those are the idiots who are doing the programming! Yahoo! Groups is terrible about this, and many of the iPhone email messages I get don't have quoted text, which tells me it's off by default.
Too bad we can't make them spend a few months in the old days of Usenet, just to learn proper context and quoting.
Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Puckdropper <puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com> wrote in

I have seen people say that quoting can't be done on the iPhone/iPad, which tells me that if it can, it's not easy (it's probably a Jobs thing - he wasn't interested in anyone's thoughts other than his own).
I don't think including context is possible in Yahoo Groups if you reply in the Group. You have to do it in email. Altho Yahoo seems determined to make Yahoo mail totally disfunctional, so maybe you can't do it there, either, now-a-days.
John
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload


It's easy. Simply store the old message in memory, then write it in the text box before you display it to the user. The hardest part is rewrapping the message to include the ">". If you have a decent header, the need to use the greater-than character is debatable.

It is possible. When you reply to a message, click "show message history" at the bottom of the text box. It might be below the fold, so you may have to scroll to see it.
Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Dammit Mike, did you have to include 3 whole quoted posts?
:-)
John
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Related Threads

    HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.