paslode fumes

Anyone know of dangers concerning the fumes from the paslode cordless nailers? Anyone get sick using these things?
No offence but I would stop using it if I were you and return it to the manufacturer. Let them know what exactly is going on and that it is making you sick. It may be a problem with the battery pack. I would return it if I were you.

explosion used to drive the nail.
I used one (rental) in an enclosed room for a day and survived. The smell was obnoxious and they do recommend a well-ventilated area. I have no clinical assessment beyond that however.
TWS

Google for 'paslode' and 'msds'.

Dear TWS:
You seem smart and I hope you hang around.
I enjoy reading your posts.
I've looked at your website and I admire your work.
I've owned a couple of these devices over the last little while and I've grown to like the smell.
It smells much better than the sweat involved in running an air line to the point of need.
Amen.
Regards, Tom.
<snipped and rearranged>

Oh go on! You're just saying that because we share a common first name.
Seriously I am honored by your comments. Thank you. At the risk of sounding trite, I too enjoy your posts. I've only been hanging in the wreck for a short while but I've recognized a few people who actually contribute to this newsgroup and the readers are better for it. Yours is one of those I look forward to.
Thanks for sharing your site. I hadn't checked it out before and now that I have I'm even more honored by your comment. I love your boxes! I am looking forward to spending time with your 'stories'.
"What is Woodworking" was an honest and inspired introspection. Your reference to "Christina's World" struck me because it is one of my favorites but also because of the openly honest analogy. I am a hobbyist woodworker. My longing is to spend more time in the shop making those mistakes that are so important to becoming a better woodworker. Your story recognizes that process and confirms that the metamorphosis is not unique. Thank you.
Tom

The smell reminds me of a freshly fired shotgun shell.
Leon wrote:

--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

It brings back fond memories. I have not been bird hunting since I was a kid. I hunted a lot as a kid but got tired of all the work after pulling the trigger.
On Fri, 03 Dec 2004 05:36:33 -0500, Gerald Ross wrote:

Just take care you don't nail yourself in the chest..
--
"Keep your ass behind you"
vladimir a t mad scientist com

the smell and I've never fired a shotgun but it seems odd to me that a petroleum based charge would produce a smell like burnt gunpowder.
TWS

Cordite = Nitroglycerin + Nitrocellulose + Petroleum Jelly, dissolved in Acetone.
Yummm.
Regards, Tom.

That's the chestnut flavouring
(Your starter for 10 - what does the state of Israel owe to British schoolchildren and acetone ?)
On Sat, 04 Dec 2004 14:02:11 +0000, Andy Dingley

What is, "The Balfour Declaration."
Next, I'll take "Famous Flatulents" for ten. please.
Regards, Tom.

Nope, nitrocellulose doesn't smell very much like petroleum when burnt.

It is odd isn't it. I could also be the petroleum based product that you lubricate and clean the barrel with that burns and contributes to the similar smell, although I recall the spent shell having that distinct smell.